VIDEO: D'Souza Says GOP Should Amass Legal Immigrants to Denounce Obama

Originally posted at Newsmax.

Republicans should use immigrants to fight President Barack Obama’s executive action on immigration, conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza tells Newsmax TV.

“I would suggest the Republicans think about organizing a massive press conference made up of legal immigrants, a very multicultural group of people from all over the world to come together and denounce this lawless action,” D’Souza said Friday on The Steve Malzberg Show on Newsmax TV.

D’Souza emphasized that he is one of those legal immigrants himself.

“I came to this country at the age of 17, but I was almost 30 before I became a U.S. citizen. Why? Because I had a student visa and then I had to get a practical training visa and then a green card and then it took me five more years to naturalize,” D’Souza said.

“What Obama is doing is basically saying that those rules don’t matter … So I’d like to have a whole bunch of legal immigrants saying, we play by the rules, you’re undercutting the rules, Mr. President, and that actually does harm to us.”

Asked if he would appear as one of those legal immigrants for Republicans, D’Souza answered: “I most certainly would volunteer, although remember I’m under a travel restriction because I’ve got to stay in San Diego.”

In September, D’Souza was sentenced to eight months of community service and five years of probation after pleading guilty to charges of using straw donors to support the New York Senate campaign of a longtime friend Wendy Long.

D’Souza, creator of the documentary 2016: Obama’s America, which was critical of the commander-in-chief, has maintained he was targeted by the Obama administration for his political beliefs.

Read more at Newsmax.

NYT: For Obama, Executive Order on Immigration Would Be a Turnabout
NYT: As Sharpton Rose, So Did His Unpaid Taxes
Hollywood Reporter: Documentary Race a Battle of Hard Truths vs. Heart Tuggers
NYT: Obama Calls Islamic State’s Latest Beheading "Pure Evil"
WaPo: Obamacare Consultant Under Fire For 'Stupidity of the American Voter' Comment
Why the Berlin Wall Fell
WaPo: Two Midterm Elections Have Hollowed Out The Democratic Party
NYMag: Russian Art Exhibit Shows Putin Spanking Obama

• kay says:

November 22, 2014 at 5:20 AM

I saw the movie and also bought a copy for the family. Every family should sit down with their children and watch it. For years our children have been short changed on their History by the education systems in America. today they hardly know where other countries are located and we had learned all of that in grade school back in the 40’s. it’s called dumbing down the schools. thank the liberals for that. thank Mr. D’Souza for his book and movie and the future work he will be doing.
    Ask a Russian immigrant what’s going on in America, they’ve been there and done that and they will give you an earful of the truth. Ignorance is not bliss!

• George Williams says:

November 22, 2014 at 10:58 AM

This type of behaviour on the part of Obama is not new. Rather than ask for more resources to enforce our immigration laws, he preferred to pull their teeth. He refused to enforce was the Defence of Marriage Act, and in so doing refused to defend a law, duly enacted by the People’s Congress. Obama has nothing but contempt for the will of the people, except for those who would elect him no matter his crimes against the COTUS.

• DixieDarlin says:

November 22, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I remember when people from other countries were referred to as “immigrants”. NOT legal or illegal because EVERYONE was legal. Boy, do I miss those days…

• Pat says:

November 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Emory University has an excellent course on Immigration and Naturalization in the Coursera free college classes program. It teaches the whole history of this, tells why the 14th Amendment was written (not for the purpose it is being used now), the requirements and process for becoming a legal immigrant and how any amnesty is a slap in the face to those who are going through the legal process. I don’t know if it is running currently, but it’s definitely worth taking when its offered! (It’s free, just sign up and take the classes!)

• Sherri says:

November 22, 2014 at 9:17 PM

You are a good man Dinesh D’Souza. You make me proud to be an American!! I saw your documentary when it first hit theaters. I recommend it to everyone !! Our schools should be required to teach this. Our public schools won’t. But some private schools DO !!!

• J L Gray says:

November 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I think Mr. D’Souza is a little off base here. I do not believe that the executive orders issued by Obama do not constitute amnesty nor are they unconstitutional.The President’s orders do not in any way confer legal status nor do they grant any path to citizenship, it just delays the prosecution for enumerated reasons that offers the agency to prioritize enforcement. It is hard for me to see how this is amnesty, amnesty would equate to pardoning and the conferral of states and a path to citizenship. Amnesty was what Ronald Reagan did; non-citizen’s were pardoned of offenses and conferred legal status and ultimately put on a path to citizenship. The President’s executive order in no way does that.

The President under the Constitution, Article 2 section 3 is charged with the duty to “take care that the laws are faithfully executed.” Further, jurisprudence on the matter has stated that execution of every technicality of the law is not necessary to uphold this section and article. I will concede that there is a lot of gray area there (and I think that is where the argument of unconstitutionality lies). Prosecutorial discretion is an enumerated set of enforcement priorities, kind of like the police pulling over the guy going 20 over instead of the guy going 5 over; why don’t the police pull every one going 1+ over the speed limit and fully enforce the law to every wit, the answer: prosecutorial discretion.