Rush's "Limbaugh Letter" Highlights D'Souza Interview

Dinesh D’Souza’s interview with Rush Limbaugh appears as a featured story in the August 2014 edition of The Limbaugh Letter, a special magazine that Rush publishes for subscribers. The article comes on the heels of Rush’s many discussions of America on the air over the last month.

The interview highlights D’Souza’s explanation of the problem with the mistreatment of American history by teachers and professors. Click here to subscribe to The Limbaugh Letter and read the full interview.

Here is a preview from The Limbaugh Letter:

RUSH: But, Dinesh, these professors who left out 90 percent of American history that they teach: do they know they’re lying? Do they know they’re lying to their kids, or do they really believe it themselves? Are they purposefully, knowingly peddling b.s.?

DINESH: The answer is to a degree, yes. But here I wanted to stress that human motives run very deep. Sometimes as conservatives we generously say of our opponents they’re well meaning, but their policies don’t work — and then we give them long lectures about why too much regulation and high taxes and so on are counterproductive.

But what we don’t realize is that the real motives fueling the left are not mere ignorance or just lack of knowing the facts. Rather, they are driven by the deep human motives of envy, resentment, hatred — and even self-hatred. Here’s what I mean by that. America is a society that was established for the entrepreneur. We’re an entrepreneurial, innovative society. The greatest rewards of our society go to people who not only can make things that people want, but envision wants that people don’t even know they have.

The genius of Steve Jobs was to envision something, a product, that you and I didn’t even know we couldn’t live without, and then he made it. Now, Obama can’t make an iPhone. He can’t even put up a website, but what he is good at is, he is a resentment organizer. Someone like him envies the entrepreneur and would like to see a shift of power in society away from the entrepreneur and toward the journalist, the academician, the community organizer — the unproductive class, if you will, of wordsmiths who can’t make things.

So we’re seeing a power struggle. When that is your motive, you’re basically trying to shift the engines of America away from the entrepreneurs and toward the professors, and toward the community organizers, you select facts that ultimately support your own self-interest.

Read more by subscribing to the Limbaugh Letter.

Available for pre-order now, Dinesh D’Souza’s new book United States of Socialism reveals modern-day socialism as a “identity socialism.” Who is behind it, why is it evil, and how can we stop it?

United States of Socialism

Click here to be the first to get your copy before it releases on June 2, 2020!

"America" Reaches #1 On NYT Best Seller List
VIDEO: D'Souza On Why He Engages The Left
NewsmaxTV: D'Souza and FL Lawmaker Discuss "America" Legislation
AUDIO: D'Souza vs. Leftist David Corn on NPR
WaPo: Obama's Foreign Policy Reveals The Effects Of Disengagement
D'Souza to Glenn Beck: I'm Not Giving Up on America
VIDEO: D’Souza, Richard Dreyfuss Discuss Border Crisis
The Dana Show: D'Souza Discusses Controversies Surrounding "America"

Through D'Souza's trademark incisiveness, wit, and originality, United States of Socialism reveals how the Left uses the Venezuelan formula for socialism, decisively refutes this new face of socialism, chillingly documents the full range of the Left’s gangster tendencies, and provocatively exposes the tactics of the socialist Left.

• Mary says:

August 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Mr. D”Souza – saw the film, bought the book, and now rereading the book. Who would have known what our real history was about? The truth and comparisons to how all the nations existed is surreal. Thank you so much for your hard work and insight.

• Donna Holmes says:

August 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM

Dinesh,
    I just got back from seeing “America” for the second time. This time my daughter just had to see it after she read all of the mean spirited comments that Jon Voight was getting because he had gone to see it. Though most of the time my daughter and I see things differently, she was agreeing with all of the comments you were making throughout this wonderful production. Thank you Dinesh, my daughter and I now have something that we can agree on. 🙂

May your next documentary be just as good,
    Donna Holmes

• Joyce Ede says:

August 5, 2014 at 12:26 AM

May OUR GOD RICHLY BLESS< PROTECT< AND KEEP YOU IN HIS ARMS…..at ALL times is my prayer. How I WISH ALL Americans held the MINDSET that God has given to you…You make us ALL PROUD to be an AMERICAN.:-)

• Russell Rich says:

August 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM

Going today to see your movie. I have been out of town for almost 2 weeks, right before it started showing.

I really admire the way you take a seemingly complex concept and deliver it so that everyone can understand it.

I cannot wait to see it!
    Thank you Dinesh and keep up the good work.

• Carole Kennedy says:

August 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM

This movie just brought me to tears. It was so beautifully done. I plan to see it again and take my 10 year old granddaughter, who we are trying to push to study the real history. She is also reaching Rush’s series of books for children. We saw 2016 as well, and bought the dvd. We will be buying the dvd when it comes out to keep in our library. My G-d lead you to continue the work you are doing. You are in our prayers.

• Gwen Ford says:

August 9, 2014 at 11:15 PM

This is the first movie that I have seen that inspired the immediate response upon leaving the theater, “I’ve got to see it again.” And, I’m finding many others who had the same reaction. I will definitely buy the DVD, the book and pray for your safety and future success.

• Melissa Buckley says:

August 10, 2014 at 7:28 PM

I grew up in the 1950’s to early 1960’s, realized the 1970’s were on the wrong track but thought we had got past the worst of the counter-culture long since. I didn’t raise children, so I had no idea what the public schools have been teaching today’s students about American history. No wonder we have voted in a government that is tearing down our country’s heritage. It’s scary!

• Barb Elgin says:

August 16, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I don’t disagree with you Dinesh. But I am more of a ‘dove’ than you. But I am ‘hawkish’ about what is important and I look forward to debating with you more on how the ‘dove’s way is part of our history and exceptionalism too. We need more working together in our country and caring for one another as well as we need entrepreneurs. We aren’t a great country only because of entrepreneurs. This is where you ARE wrong and you foment inflammatory rhetoric and ‘taking sides’ instead of working together. Exactly what Obama has been facing in the republican-controlled house.

• Barb Elgin says:

August 16, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Here is another way of putting it, Dinesh. When you state that only those who ‘make things’ are what has made America, that just shows either elitism or lack of knowledge on your part. Just because someone doesn’t make something doesn’t mean he or she ISN’T contributing. There are many people in our country who support those who ‘make things’. Where would those who ‘make things’ be w/o them? There are so many ‘intangible’ ‘things’ academics, community organizers, etc., create, whether it be cooperation in a disagreement, research that shows the way to go for development of products, and I could go on and on. So, I just can’t take seriously the polarization you are attempting, by disqualifying the efforts of so many Americans who don’t as you put it ‘make things’.