AUDIENCE REACTION: Moviegoers give "Death of a Nation" rare "A" rating

Leftist critics who despise Dinesh D’Souza give Death of a Nation 0% ratings, but audiences that have actually seen the film rate it “A” according to the independent polling group CinemaScore.

Watch:

Visit the official movie website.

VIDEO: LIVE "Death of a Nation" book signing with Dinesh and Debbie D'Souza
LifeZette: Conservatives praise Dinesh D'Souza's "Death of a Nation" as a "must-see"
"Death of a Nation" opens in theaters nationwide today
VIDEO: D'Souza compares situations of Trump and Lincoln, enrages Left
VIDEO: D'Souza reveals the truth about the Democratic Party
EXCLUSIVE MOVIE CLIP: What does Richard Spencer really believe?
WND: See top white nationalist confess he's progressive
Variety: Donald Trump Jr. to co-host 'Death of a Nation' screening in D.C. with Dinesh D'Souza

• Robin J Perkins-Matt says:

August 4, 2018 at 9:27 PM

Movie very interesting and thought provoking. Makes me desire to learn more.

• Martha Johnson says:

August 4, 2018 at 11:36 PM

We went to see “Death of A Nation” tonight at the 8:00 pm showing at the Regal Briercreek, in Raleigh NC. When buying our two tickets, I was shown a computer screen and told that those were the last two seats available. I took them.
    We took our seats and thought the movie excellent and very informative. However, there were only twelve other people in the theater. I spoke with personnel and they said the tickets were sold online. Is it possible, that someone bought out the tickets to keep people from seeing your movie, on Saturday night, a big movie night? It should be looked into, I think.

• Taz Stanley says:

August 9, 2018 at 10:23 PM

Excellent history lesson, I think every man, woman and child should see this movie, this is the history they are not teaching our children in schools anymore and a prime example why they are not, the far left does not want them to know the truth. Our kids are misled and brain washed, they are being controlled by socialism and fascism, by the time they learn the truth, it will be too late.
      I too believe all these seats are being purchased by the left so the american people can not get in to see it. I too bought almost sold out tickets and the theater was less than half full. Something needs to be done, there is no end to the corrupt and controlling minds of the far left……………………….

• Cruz Jesse Garcia says:

August 10, 2018 at 2:39 AM

Wow I didn’t even think of that.

• Frank says:

August 11, 2018 at 11:54 AM

Martha;
      My wife and I went to see the movie at an AMC theater in Disney Springs, August 7. We were shown a seating “map” too. I noticed about half the seats were taken but while in the theater only my wife, myself and one other person watched the movie. I thought his suspicious as well.

• Fredericka Gayer says:

August 11, 2018 at 12:13 PM

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing. Whoever bought them out is very rich and likes to squander their dough or forgot to inform the group?

• ROBERT MOFFATT says:

August 5, 2018 at 1:17 AM

My wife and I saw Death of A Nation today in Sterling, VA. We are, of course, Reagan-Trump deplorable Republicans. Everyone cheered and clapped as the film ended. We found it very moving and left the theatre with a renewed sense of hope for our country. Mr. D’Souza gives voice to those principles which with the leadership of our great president, will certainly Make America Great Again! Thank you!

• M M Peters says:

August 5, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Can’t wait to see this pic but doubt it will be shown in Massachusetts .

• Sep says:

August 6, 2018 at 1:40 AM

This movie was in several theaters here in Los Angeles. If it’s in LA, it will be everywhere!!

• Thomas says:

August 10, 2018 at 3:35 AM

I understand your skepticsm. Hawaii, like California, is a Democratic stronghold for the past 50 to 60 years. But like LA, this movie is being shown only 2 theaters across the entire state. One showing in Honolulu, and another showing in Hilo, the Big Island. So, I imagine it will be shown in your state, although limited to a few theaters, maybe none very close to where you are. But it is well worth the travel to see it. Dinesh reveals history not readily accessible in modern American schools, hence the explanation of why the Democrats are able to maintain their stronghold on minority voters!! If the truth was presented to students at all grade levels, within a decade or two, the Democratic party would have gone the way of the Whig and Federalist parties. But now with the mainstream media stranglehold on “news”, it is nearly impossible. Kudos to Dinesh D’Souza for attempting the nearly impossible task of “red pilling” the blue states with historical truths not presented by the liberal dominated educational systems.

• Donald Dementia Jr says:

August 5, 2018 at 12:54 PM

Why would you want to learn more from someone who is completly full of shit?
    Curious…

• John Q. Public says:

August 8, 2018 at 10:49 AM

Wow, either you haven’t seen the movie or else you’re an Antifa idiot.

• Grif says:

August 10, 2018 at 9:27 AM

Or a common snowflake and basement dweller

• Louise says:

August 8, 2018 at 10:49 PM

You obviously are lacking intellectual capacity, to make such an ignorant comment!

• Joyce Go says:

August 8, 2018 at 10:58 PM

Have you seen the film ? if not don’t judge the movie until you’ve watch it. Dinesh Souza was very factual about the secret lies of the Democrats and history repeating itself. Well done Dinesh. Truly an eye opener.

• Mark says:

August 10, 2018 at 8:09 AM

You sound more furious than curious.

• Patricia A Gilbert says:

August 10, 2018 at 6:06 PM

Because no one does a better job putting out the truth- if you read his books they are loaded with foot notes you can look the information up yourself- so I suggest you do that prior to making yourself look bad by not knowing the facts-go see the movie take some notes and be your own fact checker-just some friendly advice-I will be going with a friend next week, but have seen all his others they were excellent.

• Ine says:

August 11, 2018 at 6:13 AM

You must be an ANTIFA snowflake, paid by Soros

• Linda Wentworth says:

August 12, 2018 at 11:59 AM

I think your last name says it all….

• Bonkers Filmaker says:

August 5, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Re: Empty Theatre

No it isn’t possible, unless of course you have untethered fantasies about reality.

• Aaron Newhart says:

August 5, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Thank you for being a true Patriot. Americans need to know the truth about Democrats and the secret liberal agenda:

• Cynthia D. says:

August 5, 2018 at 10:12 PM

I took my Mother and 14 year old daughter to, “Death of a Nation” Saturday afternoon here in NJ. Mostly older audience, laughing, crying and standing (ovation) at the end, lots of clapping ???? most watched until the very end. Yes,..it truly is worth an “A” rating. I plan to see it again this week! Loved it. God bless you Mr. D’Souza ♥️????????

• Dawn says:

August 6, 2018 at 10:04 PM

Great Movie! The truth! I loved it! ❤️

• Joyce says:

August 6, 2018 at 10:08 PM

Thank you Dinesh. The documentary is easily researchable for anyone who tries. I was heavily into genealogy 20 yrs ago and found that my maternal side has been here since the early days of settlers. I have many old letters and copies of some from those days. Very interesting.

• Marisol Cuevas says:

August 6, 2018 at 10:25 PM

Excellent Movie a must see

• Gloria says:

August 7, 2018 at 12:22 AM

Every AMERICAN needs to see this movie!! It doesnt matter what party affiliation you belong to- this movie will explain what is happening – RIGHT NOW!! DINESH IS SUCH A BRILLIANT AUTHOR & A PATRIORIC AMERICAN !! THANK YOU, MR. DINESH FOR YOUR HONEST DEPICTION OF THE EVILNESS & CORRUPTION IN OUR BEAURIFUL AMERICA!! MAY GOD BLESS & PROTECT US ALL FROM THE EVIL AROUND US.

• Mike says:

August 7, 2018 at 12:55 AM

Watched with my entire family, here in MN. Movie was great, maybe too fast and some connections could have been better underscored but of course the overall quality of reasoning is superb.

• Randal Agostini says:

August 7, 2018 at 6:57 AM

My wife and I saw the movie last Friday. This documentary establishes D’Souza as an important contributor to our political environment. We need more people willing to expose the truth so that we can all make voting decisions that benefit our country and our children.

• bruce hamaker says:

August 7, 2018 at 9:37 AM

Excellent movie. Remember Democrats, under the current system of free choice, any person is free at any time to give their money to anyone they choose. It is the choice of the individual and a right under our constitution to own and control personal property. Oprah could give away everything that she has if she feels so strongly about helping. so–why not just put your efforts into supporting charities? Right now the american system works for both parties. Individual freedom of choice and individual accountability for those choices is the only system that can ever endure long term! However, socialist laws steal resources from people who choose not to give. THAT IS THEIR CHOICE. NO– the democrats are not satisfied to allow people to choose for themselves– the democrats are not satisfied until they force everyone to support their causes. Force is what makes NAZI, COMMUNIST AND EVEN SOCIALIST systems work. I want nothing to do with a system based on stealing someone else’s property and force.

• Suellen A Shea says:

August 7, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Saw it yesterday with a friend here on the ‘left coast’ in San Marcos, CA. It was excellent & I recommend it to all.
    Very well done & so informative. God Bless You, Dinesh D’Souza.

• Donna Mooney says:

August 7, 2018 at 10:45 AM

My husband and I saw “Death of a Nation” on Friday, Aug. 3rd.
    The movie is extremely powerful and yet emotional. The powerful music chill me to the bone and I had tears streaming down my face. A must see for all. The audience loved it!
    Congratulations Mr. D’Souza on a movie very well done.

• Lynn says:

August 7, 2018 at 10:58 AM

Dinesh D’Souza engagingly provides absolutely essential historical context for understanding America’s past and present and the real truth about the identities of the two parties. For many decades now, schools (both public and private) have been depriving students of a full and accurate understanding of what is so special and unique about the freedoms we enjoy and who the perpetrators are that work to destroy them. Enemies of human freedom abound around the world and even within our own borders. My college-bound son saw this movie with the rest of our family. Death of a Nation will help him prepare to run the gauntlet laid down by the leftist running most campuses these days. The rest of us will look at the daily media charade with new wisdom. Thank you Dinesh, for this important work.

• Jeff says:

August 7, 2018 at 2:21 PM

Went to see movie with my 86 yr old father who leans to the left and watches and tapes Fareed weekly. He was crying at the end of the movie! In 86 years of life he hasn’t seen this way of thinking. Thanks so much Dinesh!

• Marcus P says:

August 7, 2018 at 3:11 PM

My wife and I saw “Death of a Nation” to day at the Regal in Charlotte, NC. As usual it was very informative as were all the other documentaries. We highly recommend it to everyone, thank you for your hard work, and patriotism.

• LINDA RODRIGUEZ says:

August 7, 2018 at 3:16 PM

My husband and I saw Death of a Nation on Sunday in Northwest Indiana; it was an “early” matinee and our reaction as well as other attendees was all “eye opening” and positive. Plan on a second viewing with my 13 year grandson who is interested in WWII history; believe this movie is a very interesting portrait of that time period. Thank you to the Mr. D’souza and brave producers for bringing these facts to light. We wish all much success.

• Cee says:

August 7, 2018 at 6:21 PM

We learned a lot from Death of a Nation. I internalized so many lies from my college professors —I had believed the party switch Nixon south lie. TWO (Thurmond and Watson) repentatant Democrats left their party. The rest of the Democratic Party remained loyal to the racist Democrats. Equal justice and equal rights matter as does truth! Thanks for spreading hope! A+

• Stephanie says:

August 8, 2018 at 8:35 PM

I live in a very liberal state (WA), so I thought “Death of A Nation” might not even be released in my town. Thankfully, it was and I saw it last week. I thought it both historically and politically brilliant. The only sad thing about the movie is that the liberals won’t be going to see it! Thank you, Dinesh for all you do!

• Eddy Bal says:

August 9, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Your movie could make a difference also in Europe. Here in Belgium, our capital Brussels is devoted to the EU that is a total globalist anti own civilian organisation. No wonder Brittain wanted out. It could mean a big support also tro Steve Bannon, who seems now dedicated to brake the power of the liberal fools who keep on owning all the news channels and papers. Surely in Belgium, but I am sure also in other EU countries a newspaper dedicated to the real truth would really help waking the people, as your film could also do.

Thanks a lot for your dedication!

• Susie says:

August 9, 2018 at 5:04 PM

Wonderful movie. It shows how dangerous political correctness is and how such intolerance leads to violence.
    D’Sousa dispelled a number of lies that have been taught in the public schools for 50 years or more.
    They didn’t make sense but were result of the Dem Party being in charge of politics for so long.

• Beth says:

August 9, 2018 at 6:53 PM

I saw the movie today and it is excellent. We were never taught true history in school. I graduated high school in 1969 and I have vivid memories of the scorn history teachers had for McCarthy and their love of the DemocRAT party which they belonged to and these were the teachers that taught American history and History of World Religions. They said we didn’t need to study Christianity because everyone all ready knows it. I didn’t know anyone who knew the Bible. So I am glad that God had Dinesh make this movie for all of us poorly educated people. Fortunately I have since learned the Bible on my own. I hope God will keep using Dinesh, Trump, and many others to save America. MAGA! American schools have been in sad shape for a looooong time.

• Lisa says:

August 9, 2018 at 11:56 PM

I appreciate your heartfelt comment. I wish more voters would be as compassionate and open to the idea of incorrect thinking and the need to change. MAGA – God Bless President Trump!

• Michael says:

August 9, 2018 at 9:57 PM

As good, if not better than Hillary’s America. I love all your documentaries, actually. This seems to be the weapon to use against the main stream media and the liberal controlled education system in our republic. People have been lied to and denied truth about the left in this country for so long, they’ve become completely ignorant of our history in general and the history of the democrat party in particular. God’s speed, Dinesh.

• Lynne ECHOLS says:

August 9, 2018 at 9:58 PM

I’m a conservative, and I challenge other conservatives to INVITE THEIR “PROGRESSIVE” FRIENDS AND
    NEIGHBORS to view this film with them. If it’s not being shown in your town, then buy the DVD when it comes out and have a viewing party at home. Have a discussion afterwards. Be prepared by researching Mr. D’Souza’s claims independently and have print-outs to share with your “progressive” friends. Make it a civil discussion… really LISTEN to your “progressive” guests because their statement will reveal their ignorance of the facts, and you can then show them the evidence to the contrary. BTW, I put “progressive” in quotation marks because of what C.S. Lewis said: “We all want progress, but if you’re on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” Help your friends and neighbors make that about-face!

• Thomas J Gassett says:

August 9, 2018 at 11:15 PM

Came back to this site because your email sent me here. Hope you read this.

Haven’t seen the movie … yet, but I’m on my second listen of the audio version. Got it at Audible.com I find the book profound, shocking and irrefutable … like the rest of your books. Thanks to you … I’ m a dangerous conservative!

Heads up! Was on you tube the other day and found Christopher Hitchens debating religion with just about everyone … but you. I still remember that debate because you made the best argument for the existence of God that I’ve ever heard … ever. Next time you debate … don’t be so convincing, and stop short of wiping the floor with you victim … and maybe Lefty will let me find it when I have time to enjoy it. Best.

• Yvonne says:

August 9, 2018 at 11:54 PM

My husband and I went and we loved it, we have seen all your movies that have come out! Please continue to educate the public and never stop because we think you are an amazing man and we applaud you! Keep up the GREAT work !

• Beth says:

August 10, 2018 at 6:57 AM

Loved the movie Mr. D’Souza. Thank you for your work in correcting many lies we’ve been fed in this country. Perhaps telling the truth often enough and it will be believed? The audience I watched the movie with loved it and there was a rousing round of applause when it ended. Well done sir!

• BO says:

August 10, 2018 at 7:31 AM

Saw the movie in Jacksonville, Florida. A lot of history and info to absorb. A must see a first and second time around.

• Joycelynn Maes says:

August 10, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Thank you Dinesh for making your film. We saw it in Fort Collins, Co. and it truly was an eye opening experience. I want all our family to see it. Our children are not being taught history in our school systems.
    Please continue your valiant fight for our country. I really appreciate all your efforts.
    The music was really great and Debbie’s voice was just the best!

• jtstone2112 says:

August 10, 2018 at 1:15 PM

My expectations were very high going in to see this movie. I was not disappointed. As always, Mr. D’Souza has done an incredible job with a no-holds-barred depiction of the true fascism, racism and violent upheavals of the democratic party and progressive alt-left. A others have said, everyone needs to see this movie. The lies and deception that the democrats have been using for years is almost unfathomable. Please go and see this movie and know the truth!!!

• DM Borsand, O.D. Ret says:

August 10, 2018 at 2:27 PM

we have a “roundtable group that meets once per week where we discuss a variety of subjects. For example the subject for the week might be “why does so many people-hate Trump, or Macular Degeneration ( one member is an ophthalmologist) or Decline in Memory ( one member is psychologist ), or Why did Hitler hate Jews, etc. The Group is small. Discussion is about 15 to 20 minutes.
    D’SOUZA”s movie or book will be a great subject to discuss & maybe debate
    D’SOUZAi s quite a guy!!!

• Jeff Noncent says:

August 10, 2018 at 6:16 PM

I went to see the movie twice and it’s the best movie in the world

• Jeanne Moson says:

August 10, 2018 at 10:01 PM

I saw the movie on opening night. Was not disappointed. Thought it was great. I graduated from high school in 1966 and was never taught any this history in school. My Father was an original member of the AFL-CIO United Auto Workers. Walter Reuther was the man that started the unions here and he went to Germany to study them. My Dad gave me information about him and basically taught me about Nazi Germany. Can’t wait for the DVD to add to my others. I was so touched by Diane’s singing. She needs to make a CD of that song. Keep up the good work.

• Jill Ensminger says:

August 11, 2018 at 12:05 PM

Fabulous movie…I have seen it 2 times and would go again. Very informative and the choir at the end sent chills down my spine. I would love a recording of them.
    God bless Dinesh D’Souza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• grace says:

August 11, 2018 at 1:46 PM

DITO….!! FROM: Bruce Hamaker says.
    I AGREE 100%…!!

• Richard Meagher says:

August 22, 2018 at 12:52 PM

Saw the movie Death of a Nation. It was OUTSTANDING ! Every American should see this movie to learn the TRUTH about this country and the No Good Left ! A PLUS RATING !