VIDEO: D'Souza Responds To Gonzaga University Ban On His Lecture

Originally posted at KREM.

A controversial political commentator is scheduled to speak at a private event at Gonzaga University. Dinesh D’Souza said he is disappointed that the event he is speaking at has been made private.

“This is the absolute height of silliness,” said D’Souza.

The conservative author and filmmaker said he has lectured at many universities. He has been doing this since 1991. His lecture at GU will take place February 24.

“Part of my job, coming from the outside is to bring to Gonzaga and the surrounding community a set of stimulating provocative ideas,” he said.

The surrounding community is not invited. Members of the College Republican Club at Gonzaga said they hit roadblocks in the steps to bring D’Souza to their campus. Gonzaga officials would not confirm or deny any remarks made against D’Souza’s views. D’Souza said he has had a long history in the Catholic Church. He even went to Jesuit school in Bombay before he immigrated to the U.S.

“I’ve defended Christianity against its critics. This Idea that I am somehow outside the bounds, just reflects a deep ignorance about who I am and what my ideas are,” he said.

D’Souza said he will stick to his guns during his lecture. Despite the frustrations, both parties said they are still looking forward to the event.

“I totally am, and my message to the students is, look there’s obviously some ideas that I am about to talk about that are somehow un-nerving to the Gonzaga administration. So guys and gals come on out to hear what it is that Gonzaga is so afraid of,” said D’Souza.

Even though the public will not have a chance to hear D’Souza speak at GU, you can hear him speak at the Spokane County Republican Party’s Lincoln Day Dinner and Fundraiser. He will be the keynote speaker on April 30th and the general public is invited to the event.

Read more at KREM.

Available for pre-order now, Dinesh D’Souza’s new book United States of Socialism reveals modern-day socialism as a “identity socialism.” Who is behind it, why is it evil, and how can we stop it?

United States of Socialism

Click here to be the first to get your copy before it releases on June 2, 2020!

VIDEO: D'Souza On The State Of Christianity In America Today
Campus Reform: Gonzaga Claims D'Souza Event Could Disrupt "Supportive Learning Environment"
The College Fix: Public Shut Out Of D'Souza Lecture By Gonzaga Because He Opposes "Social Justice"
TheBlaze: D’Souza Faces Off With Bill Ayers In Debate—And Stings Him With One Devastating Response
DEBATE: D'Souza Faces Off With Bill Ayers On American Exceptionalism
WND: D'Souza To Debate Bill Ayers In Live Webcast
AUDIO: D'Souza Reveals What Drives Popularity of Bernie Sanders
WaPo: Hillary’s Email Defense Just Hit A Major Bump In The Road

Through D'Souza's trademark incisiveness, wit, and originality, United States of Socialism reveals how the Left uses the Venezuelan formula for socialism, decisively refutes this new face of socialism, chillingly documents the full range of the Left’s gangster tendencies, and provocatively exposes the tactics of the socialist Left.

• James says:

February 10, 2016 at 11:09 PM

Ironic that some Catholic organizations are so non_christian in their actions. It’s appalling. Pompous. Intelligently dishonest. They should go to confession _ off campus, way off.

• Julia Andrews says:

February 13, 2016 at 5:52 PM

Well said, James I don’t think they are God-fearing Americans?
      They want to stifle truth and are more anti Christian in their world view than ever.They are adding to the troubles because they don’t teach students to think biblically.

• RyanHamnercom says:

February 10, 2016 at 11:44 PM

D’SOUZA IS THE MAN! Love the books!

• Larry says:

February 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM

Love him and God Bless him!

• Judith Carroll says:

February 11, 2016 at 10:59 AM

Any college or university that does not allow and invite lecturers of all political or societal views to speak to their students deserves no contributions from Catholic donors. Khrushchev once said, “We will bury you.” Like ISIS today vicious forces are misusing our freedoms to demolish the most successful, clean, and humane environment for citizens to maximize their potential and improve the world. This is the USA.

• Steve says:

February 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM

There should be a rating system of colleges that accounts for their willingness to diversify and promote free speech. Those that are only allowing Democratic Party ideals to be shared through guest lectures and graduating commencement speeches would in my mind be ranked lower than those who allow fairness between all idealilogies. More and more parents are getting tired of the public school system pushing far left ideals onto their kids that they are growing even more concerned about colleges full of foreign teachers and their ideals. Shopping for colleges could be screened better if someone came up with a rating system. Fully exposing the administrative culture is important. They are not above accountability to be fair and open especially when taxpayer dollars help fund them.

• Brett says:

February 11, 2016 at 10:58 PM

It’s absolutely rediculous! As a Gonzaga graduate alumni, frankly, I’m not surprised. Their progressive ideology pervades all academic courses. The hypocrisy, in this case, stinks to high heaven. They’ve had controversial speakers in the past open to the public, why not Mr D’Souza?.. i.e. : http://news.gonzaga.edu/2013/biblical-scholar-author-dominic-gonzaga

But here, there seems to be a trend. If you are a member of a racial minority and a conservative; then you are relegated to just our student body, quarantined. Rev Jesse Peterson can attest; http://mobile.wnd.com/2001/10/11310/

• Ralph J. Sugar says:

February 12, 2016 at 6:55 PM

I remeber when people protested Obamas visit to Notre Dame–As well they should— I, Having attended a Jesuit College. I think they should allow all to attend a visit by a brilliant and caring Cristian like Dinesh- I disagreed with almost everything Obama stands for- but let talj– Same with D’Souza–

• pamela says:

February 12, 2016 at 7:18 PM

I am sorely disappointed the lecture isn’t open to the public. My one and probably only chance to hear D’Souza in person.
    I’ll bet if Ayers was giving a lecture it would be open to the public. I wouldn’t go hear him speak if someone gave money to do it.

• JJ says:

February 12, 2016 at 7:29 PM

Just to clarify, this event was not being rejected by university administration; the issue was that it was only open to staff, faculty, and students–and the students wanted it to be made open to the public. You’ll be happy to know that this event is now open to the public (space permitting).

• Julia Andrews says:

February 13, 2016 at 5:55 PM

JJ can you give me a link for tickets?
      Thank you!

• Guido A. says:

February 13, 2016 at 2:05 AM

Jesuits used to be rebels with ideas, remember Fr. de Chardin? Gonzaga now is no rebel and has no ideas. Just basketball?

• Lani says:

February 13, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Raised a Catholic, I consider myself a devout Christian, and am proud to say so, BUT I no longer attend or support the Catholic Church. Shame on the direction Catholic Colleges/Universities have taken.

• Ricky says:

February 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Lani, I am sorry to hear you left the Church. You should not let churchmen (in many cases on purpose ) push you out of the Church JESUS founded when he said to Peter “You are Rock and upon this Rock I will build My Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against It”. Jesus is every where in Spririt but only in His Church will you find Him living Body Blood Soul and Divinity. We will keep you and all other Catholics who have been pushed out of His Church in our prayers that the Holy Spririt opens your eyes. may Gods Blessings be upon you.

• Ryan says:

February 16, 2016 at 1:16 PM

I comment the Catholic Church for not allowing him to do this. Let’s keep church and state separate, please. And, let’s also keep one dimensional ideas and half truths out of college lectures. And by half truths, I would includes Dinesh’s NeoCon inspired ideas.

• Karen emerson says:

March 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM

I have a reply to those of you who think the Catholic Church is the only one tru church, that is the reason I left it, because of the man made rules. I now belong to an independent christian church, it’s teaching is follow the bible, commandments, & where the bible is silent ,talk to God & listen to his directions. I would never go back to a religion who thinks it is the only church. you get to heaven by being judged by what is in your by God, not by how many good works you do!