Breitbart: D'Souza Responds to Sentencing in Exclusive Video

Originally posted at Breitbart.

Author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, who was sentenced late last month to five years’ probation and eight months of community service for violating federal campaign finance laws, revealed to Breitbart News that he will be documenting and broadcasting his court-ordered community service for the public to see.

Part of his sentencing includes court orders to teach English as a Second Language (ESL) to immigrants and minorities.

On September 23, D’Souza was spared jail time for illegally providing straw donations to his college friend and New York Senatorial candidate Wendy Long. Following his sentencing, he released a video detailing his grateful sentiments surrounding New York Judge Richard Berman’s decision.

D’Souza revealed to Breitbart News that he believes he was targeted by the Obama Administration in an interview last week. “I know that the government was not only out to get me but to put me away–and put me away in such a significant way that if I got a sixteen-month sentence, for example, I’d be in a federal prison camp from now until the end of next year.”

In addition to teaching ESL, D’Souza, an Indian immigrant who says he achieved the American Dream, will be incorporating lessons on citizenship into his time with the children whose English language skills he will be helping to advance.

He also revealed to Breitbart News that the public should be expecting another hit documentary film from him very soon.

I am definitely going to make a big film in 2016. I’m going to release it in the summer, just like the movie 2016, which came out in 2012. I’m in a very early stage–I’ve been preoccupied with legal problems and I’ve been trying to dodge a bullet, and I’m very glad I’ve been able to do that and so I’ve been pulling blueprints and starting to think about what that movie will look like.

Read more at Breitbart.

Available for pre-order now, Dinesh D’Souza’s new book United States of Socialism reveals modern-day socialism as a “identity socialism.” Who is behind it, why is it evil, and how can we stop it?

United States of Socialism

Click here to be the first to get your copy before it releases on June 2, 2020!

Breitbart: D'Souza Opens Up About Sentencing, Career
Glenn Beck: Is This Obama's First Political Prisoner?
WND: Obama Nemesis D'Souza Learns Punishment
Newsmax: Experts Slam D'Souza Sentence
VIDEO: D'Souza Speaks Out About Sentencing
D'Souza Sentenced to Probation, No Jail Time
Townhall: Prosecutors Misled Judge in Pursuit of Prison For D'Souza
Washington Free Beacon: The Hillary Letters

Through D'Souza's trademark incisiveness, wit, and originality, United States of Socialism reveals how the Left uses the Venezuelan formula for socialism, decisively refutes this new face of socialism, chillingly documents the full range of the Left’s gangster tendencies, and provocatively exposes the tactics of the socialist Left.

• Lydia Adams says:

October 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Thank you for your unselfish and EXTREMELY intelligent views, Mr D’Souza.
    I myself am an immigrant and a naturalized American citizen, arrived here legally and earned my right to be here!
    It is of the MOST disturbing and upsetting “legalities” around illegals that is nothing short of an insult to individuals like you and I.
    Just so you know….you’ve a huge group of supporters of your good work, effort and literature!
    THANK YOU!
    Lydia

• Jan Aamodt says:

October 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Dear Dinesh,
    I first saw you on television showing pictures of your wedding!
    Told my guy then how much I liked you and all that you said.
    Nothing has changed my opinion
    since then.
    Keep up the good fight!
    Sincerely, Jan

• Larry Stephens says:

October 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Anyone that does not believe that the Obama Administration is not a regime is a fool

• Scott says:

October 8, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Dinesh – it was a pleasure meeting you at the screening of your first movie here in Dallas. Your movie was so powerful, but your smile and warmth you showed me in the lobby of the movie theater were equally as cherished. And your darling young daughter was also so friendly.

Please keep fighting for what is right, as I promise that I will as well.

• Marcia says:

October 8, 2014 at 1:26 PM

Dear Dinesh,

NO, you were not treated fairly. A witch hunt should not result in any type of punishment, except for those with a political agenda – seeking to crush the effective opposition.

We can only be happy that someone, such as yourself, is a part of the immigrant fabric in this country, and sad that the operatives for your opponents aren’t subject to the same requirements that you’ve had to meet.

Thanks for your patriotism.

• Tom Hendricks says:

October 8, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Your spot on with your movies and when I see you on TV. Can hardley wait to see your new work. I’m on your side all the way.

• Steve says:

October 8, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Dinesh,

Keeping fighting the good cause!

Steve

• Louise Straub says:

October 8, 2014 at 2:06 PM

You are a shining beacon in this Obama world of darkness. Don’t ever stop making “true movies”.

• Sofia says:

October 8, 2014 at 2:10 PM

We have always looked up at you Mr D’Souza. In the world full of corruption and injustice and government control, YOU have the guts to do what “We the People” wish for but have no guts to do, or no power to do. You are more than a Knight In Shining Armour. You are a hope to AMERICA ! We will stand with you and support you in whatever small way we can. GOD BLESS YOU, And GOD Bless America.

• Elwood Baas says:

October 8, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Dinesh,

I first heard you speak at the Science and Faith conference in Austin. I have followed your “bumps in the road” ever since and have kept praying for you to stand strong as a proponent for the Christian World View. One answer to my prayers was your statement about having mentors who can help you navigate “pilgrims progress”.

• Marlyn says:

October 8, 2014 at 4:24 PM

You are a “GREAT AMERICAN!” We have complete admiration and respect for you!

• Marcia McGuire says:

October 8, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Heartwarming video saying thank you. God bless you, Mr D’Souza, for showing that sensible people are still out there. Thanks to the judge too as you said. Yes, and most important, thank you, Father so this blessing for a good man!

• Becky says:

October 8, 2014 at 6:30 PM

I absolutely love the idea of your next film containing footage of what you are doing next! May your efforts bring to light what you want the world to see, know, and experience. May the God of all glory guide you in your efforts, and bring you peace in the process. May you have hope-fulfilled in every step. Go get ’em, Tiger! We’re rooting for you!

• N L Pereira says:

October 8, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Even though I’m an atheist liberal, I still value your work and opinions. Please keep up the good work!

• Richard says:

October 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Dinesh,
    The Founding Fathers were themselves immigrants or sons of immigrants prior to signing the Declaration of Independence. You have demonstrated the same qualities of leadership and patriotism that they demonstrated to the people of the “colonies” as the country embarked on the path to freedom. I thank you for all that you have done and will do to keep the people informed and looking forward to a Revival Of American Spirit. God Bless you sir!

• kim says:

October 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Thank you so much for having the courage & will to fight the fight! I think Americans are so afraid of being labelled racist, or being audited, or being prosecuted for trumped up charges, or worried about public opinion, etc that we have allowed the media & the government go unchecked and ultimately out of control. The lies & deceit and unethical behavior is so rampant now that I fear we have gone to far toward the dark side.

Thank you for not being afraid! We love all your works & look forward to your next masterpiece! Continue teaching & bring us back to the light! I still have faith.

• Henry says:

October 8, 2014 at 11:30 PM

Dinesh,
    Your are the voice crying out in the wilderness the echoes of your thoughts and words that resonates pure patriotism for a country you have adapted as your own we are privileged and honored to have such a gift. Thank you for all that you do, thank you for your love of country and willingness to expose the ills that have and continue to shake and devastate the foundations of our freedoms, liberties and sense of direction.

• vilma says:

October 9, 2014 at 8:17 AM

We love you dinesh for the truths you have revealed to us. We love your patriotism which has made me proud to be an american. We love you because you are on our side when not even our govt sides with us.
    This sentence will be your silver lining. You will continue to make a difference and impact on many lives. Dont doubt it!

• Randy Lee says:

October 9, 2014 at 11:22 AM

Dinesh: I so pleased to hear this end result. Thank you for sharing and giving credit in such a frank and honest manner. What a thoughtful decision by the judge in this case! I am certain he is also a fine American. Thank God there are still those in power who make decisions based upon right and wrong and the rule of law. Thank you for standing tall for all of us. May God bless all you do! -www.RandyLee.info

• Kathy French says:

October 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for standing up against the establishment. When a person feels that the bottom is bout to fall out or “nobody cares” someone like you comes along and is not afraid to stand up for what they believe. I feel that the men who fought so valiantly for this country and whose blood was shed for the freedom we so greatly experience, that their death and sacrifice is for naught because of the liberals that are trying their best to wipe away the history of this country. My ancestors came to this country in the early 1700s to work, support and fight for the freedoms we so richly enjoy. My great grandmother was full blood Cherokee. It breaks my heart to see all of this being torn down by liberals who for the most part don’t have the deep roots and don’t really care. Keep on stirring the pot sir, and I and my family and friends will be right behind you helping. I may not be able to do anything other than vote, but vote I will and my vote will be to cast out the liberals that are wanting to tear down what our founding fathers gave so much to build. Thank you!

• Linda Ibold says:

October 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Nothing but admiration for your work. Please tell us how to help to turn our country around. Too many corrupt politicans, can’t believe them any longer.

• Lucille Joyner says:

October 12, 2014 at 8:58 PM

We’re on YOUR side, Mr. D’Souza. We know what’s going on.

• Frances says:

October 12, 2014 at 8:59 PM

Mr. D’Souza,

You’re an upstanding guy. I taught ESL for 12 years to adult foreign students. Can’t think of a better person to spread the word of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness to classes of foreign students. Wonder if the “sentencer” understood that he was releasing a teacher of American knowledge to these students?

My best regards,

Frances Olson

• Michael Avramovich says:

October 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Mr. D’Souza….so many admire you and your work. As a brother in Christ, may our Lord continue to use you during these terribly difficult days for our nation. Many of us are praying for you and your family.

• Lee says:

October 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Aloha Dinesh

Grateful for who you are and for your life story that gives so many people hope for the future. Grateful for the stories that you share that inspire us to make a difference.

Whether you are free to do whatever you want, to do community service or are imprisoned – you will always be free. The Freedom you speak of so often is first and foremost a freedom that lives and grows within our hearts. You know the stories – Nelson Mandela and so many others, who had their freedom taken away. This was momentary and never a reality for the imprisoned. They were free, because they believed in freedom and truth. Keep up the good work. They will never take our freedom from us. Thanking Jesus for you!

• Janis Rush says:

October 12, 2014 at 9:55 PM

If the court has you teaching illegal immigrants, that is an unlawful order as you would be aiding and abetting a criminal. I was a teacher at prison and my job was to teach illegals English. I didn’t openly refuse, but it’s nearly impossible to teach a new language when they don’t have command of their own. In my situation I was able to teach them Spanish, their mother tongue. This knowledge gave them a literacy to get a better job in Mexico. Since they come here for better economic reasons, this reason is moot with better prospects in their own country!

• Rosemary Lojo says:

October 12, 2014 at 10:34 PM

You are a true American hero!! Thank You for standing up for our great country, AMERICA!! God Bless You!!!

• Katherine says:

October 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Excellent outcome for Mr. D’Souza. Thank you for coming to this country. You are a true American.

• Michelle Price says:

October 12, 2014 at 10:35 PM

Thank you for sharing your patriotism with others. It is refreshing to hear a man with common sense and who has such great love and respect for the rule of law and the Constitution. Please make more movies!! We love and support the wonderful work that you do.

• Carolyn says:

October 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Dear Mr. D’Souza,
    What a blessing out of your sentencing that you get to teach the truth of government and citizenship to young minds! Who knows what long lasting impressions you will make on these children. Thank you for your courage.

• Beverly says:

October 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Sir, You are articulate, intelligent and beyond everything brave. Thank you for trying to inform so many uninformed and standing for what is GOOD about America. I live in dire fear everyday for our country’s safety and security. Because of you and others like you I have still a thread of hope….and I pray. Gd Bless you and take care of you always.

• Nonie says:

October 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Congratulations on your win. It should never have happened but with probation you can put it behind you. Thanks for the work you do and I am so happy you are on our side. Keep up the great work.

• Jack says:

October 13, 2014 at 12:10 AM

So glad you feel you were treated fairly.I don’t think charges should have ever been brought or you convicted. The only thing I can do is support you by going to you excellent films and your love for this country.Hopefully, in next month’s elections and in the next Presidential election we will have enough sense to put the country back or the right path and once again observe our Constitution, and for all of us to remember it is “We the People” not We the Government.
    Respectfully, Capt. J. Smith
    U.S.M.C. Retired

• Deborah Durham says:

October 13, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Thank you so much for what you have done and continue to do for this country.
    You are an example and a voice for us all. I have such admiration for you. I’ve seen the movies you’ve done and was speechless leaving the theater. I was so happy that someone had the courage to speak the truth. I have been praying for you and I will continue to pray that God blesses you in everything that you do and that he will bless your family as well.

• Barbara Wilson says:

October 13, 2014 at 2:00 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with everyone’s comments to you, and thank God for bringing you to your adopted country. How fortunate we are to have you, your views, your passion, your brilliance and ability to do the work you are so willing to take on of which we are the beneficiaries. I do believe that this Judge has given you the opportunity to teach so many others, and no one could do it better. They will learn from your passion exactly what our wonderful founders did for all of us, and you will be able to instill in them the knowledge that you have gained. To God Be The Glory for what you will be able to do, and I thank God for sending you to America.

• Patti Williams says:

October 13, 2014 at 2:54 AM

Dinesh, you are a shining beacon of hope for America. You are someone who clearly sees America for what she really is and champions her as I wish our current leadership did. I am so happy that the judge did what I wholeheartedly consider the right thing. He apparently is smart enough to realize what an asset you are to our country and that doing something good is better than having you sit in a cell for 16 months. I was fearful for you for the same reasons you were. America IS a nation of immigrants and a good and just nation. There is nothing more wonderful than the people who come here from other lands who want to be an American because they understand her greatness and the opportunity afforded to them and they want to be part of it and prosper and be free and contribute to our society. I realize the process and the line is long but it is worth it. Those not willing to follow the process and do the hard work to achieve citizenship are not here for the right reasons as far as I’m concerned so they take from our society in the long term instead of contributing to it and becoming part of it.

The attempts to transform America into something she isn’t just isn’t working for us and there is turmoil today but we will get passed it with cheerleaders like yourself.

From one American to another – thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do. You are one of my heroes. I purchased “America” on DVD for Christmas presents. I can’t wait until they arrive. As I watched it in the theater I was profoundly moved to tears on several occasions. You truly get it. God bless you.

PS: I didn’t check the box below because I am already subscribed to your email updates. 🙂

• michael says:

October 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM

This experience ,and the sentence is a badge of honor that puts you in an historical category of great Citizens who were punished by the politically powerful solely out of spite. Their loss of their judge was a crashing fall of their power against a justice system that they thought was theirs to control.

It wasn’t, and without this sentence you were just another regular rich buy who made films for a cause. Now you’re part of our history by the risk you took to stand by your principals in light of the consequences of being imprisoned.

Of the multitudes of laws which one could be charged it is an absolute that this group of liberal Satist were bound and determined to find one that suited you. Had it not been your donation within the confides of an absurd law it would have been a girl who cried rape. But now it is over…You won and they lost. And Dinesh you are now victim who overcame the power of those that justice was designed to kill but so rarely truly does.

No doubt you will make a film out of your Englilsh class and what that means.

Kindly Michael Goldsholl

• Geoff says:

October 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Dinesh,

We’re so grateful that our prayers were answered and you were not sentenced to prison, and that you will retain your freedom. You should have never been charged to begin with. This whole thing was a witch hunt by liberals who want to silence your voice. I’m sure there are countless leftists who have broken campaign finance laws who will never have the same charges brought to them.

Keep up the good fight and know you have great support from thousands of conservatives like me. God bless you, Dinesh D’Souza!

• Michael Hogan says:

October 13, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Dinesh – I am proud – correction – extremely proud of the things you are doing. I am encouraged by your courage to take our fight toward regaining our great country. I am very anxious to receive my copy of “AMERICA” and have encouraged others in my family and well as many friends to follow what you are doing and join in the support of you.
    Sincerely, Michael

• Diane Morgan says:

October 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM

You have truly made an impact in my life. Prayers are with you and your family.

• Darryn Webster says:

October 13, 2014 at 11:42 PM

The good Lord shields the true warriors that glorify him! I believe he touched that judge’s heart and made him do what was fair and equitable. Our founders are smiling!! Soldier on great defender of the Republic; I pray for and proudly follow you into battle each and every day. Every real American is grateful for you.

• Victoria says:

October 14, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Thank you for standing up to a government that is clearly NOT operating “FOR THE PEOPLE” but for their own personal agendas to take our democracy down and replace it with a socialist government. The platform is so pervasive using entitlement,subsidies and fraud to carry those who follow blindly to “change”.
    Thank you for keeping our eyes on what America used to be and how it got where it is today. Thank you for giving us hope that America will wake up before it is too late. I appreciate all you have done for our country and look forward to your new movie. I will continue praying for you and your family.
    May our Lord Bless you and continue to protect you.

• Bill Scully says:

October 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM

Dinesh, you have been gifted with a keen mind and a heart that’s in the right place. It’s great to see a man using his gifts for the Lord’s work. My friend, in my house you are sincerely appreciated and prayed for daily. Stay the course!

• Robert J. Macauley says:

October 14, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Loved you since, “What’s So Great about Christianity”. Loved you more as I’ve watched you defend the faith over and over again. Once I asked myself, who I would like to meet before I die. I realized I already had met them, you and John R.W. Stott. Thank you Lord.

Love You,

Bob Macauley

• George Derry III says:

October 15, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Mr D’Souza,

This sentence can be an opportunity.

Doors open and close.

Remember Paul went to prison and we got the New Testament.

Your testament has been illuminating films.

Just a thought.

George Derry, III

• C.J.Wahler says:

October 19, 2014 at 9:43 AM

Dinesh, you are what America REALLY stands for. Years ago Liberals and Democrats used to stick up for peoples rights, now they stick up for political correctness and their politics, not for what is right. keep up the fight.

• Marvin Gentz says:

October 21, 2014 at 5:33 AM

It is cowardly to delete any comment which criticizes Dinesh even a little bit. It proves that he is nothing more than an historical revisionist. Shame!