D'Souza Indictment: A Message from '2016' Co-Producer Gerald R. Molen

Stand with Dinesh

Dear Friends of Dinesh,

In America, we have a long tradition of not doing what is commonly done in too many other countries — criminalizing dissent through the selective enforcement of the law. But that has seemingly changed in Obama’s America.

Yesterday, I explained the politcally-motivated events that led to Dinesh’s indictment on campaign-finance charges to the Hollywood Reporter. In the same article, I explained that the Feds have chosen to pursue this alleged minor violation in the same way the IRS targeted conservative Tea Party groups for retribution. In light of the way the IRS has been used to stifle dissent, this arrest should send shivers down the spines of all freedom-loving Americans.

Our production team for America has issued the following statement: “We believe this is an unfortunate misunderstanding arising out of Dinesh D’Souza’s desire to help the uphill campaign of a friend. There was no intent to do anything illegal or corrupt in any way. This will have no impact on the film America, which will be released on the Fourth of July this year as previously announced. Filming is on schedule and D’Souza will continue to lead the enterprise.”

Neither the filmmakers nor the American public can allow this prosecution to deter us from the film’s release, and I am calling upon the American people to show their elected officials that this kind of selective prosecution will not stand by joining us at the box office.

I look forward to my good friend Dinesh being vindicated as we hold federal authorities accountable to enforce the law equally and without mind to their personal political agenda. You can leave your support on Dinesh’s Facebook Page and with a #StandWithDinesh tweet.

As one insightful commenter wrote on the article in THR, Obama’s DOJ is out to settle scores.

All my best,
Gerald R. (Jerry) Molen

ALSO POPULAR TODAY: Official New America Trailer Released by Production Team

In Michael Moore's 'America,' Speaking Out Against The President Gets You A Visit From The Secret Service
Oscar-Winning Producer of 'The Godfather Part II' Joins D'Souza's Next Film
D'Souza to Debate Bill Ayers: What's So Great About America?
One Nation Under God: Stand with Phil
D'Souza Prevails Over Co-Producer in Arbitration Over 'Obama's America'
Exclusive "2016" Update with Dinesh D'Souza
Obama's Dream is Not the American Dream
Obama Snubs Gettysburg Address Ceremony

• James Hartt says:

January 24, 2014 at 3:56 PM

When the Feds went after Dinesh for what amounts to political speech, they went after ME. They went after every American reading this post. We must stop this, and as far as I can see, the only way to accomplish that goal is to criminalize selective prosecutions like this. It is anti-American, and it must cease immediately. Dissent, and the right to dissent is threatened.

• Cheryl Weissman says:

January 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Dinesh, when I heard on Fox News this morning about the personal attack you are undergoing, I was very saddened. I am sorry you have to go through this; I know you to be a fine person. Wishing you the very best. Sincerely, Cheryl Weissman, your former AEI colleague and staunch supporter.

• John Eastborough says:

January 24, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Some may laugh this off as a “conspiracy theory”, and indeed are. But there are some disturbing historical precedents to this situation, and far too many questions are raised by it.

“If the FBI has a “zero-tolerance” policy for electoral fraud – where are the investigations of prior and far more prominent fraud cases?” is just one of the several questions covered in this post: http://impliedinference.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/the-arrest-of-dinesh-dsouza-the-changing-nature-of-rule-of-law-in-america/

• Richard A. Haines says:

January 25, 2014 at 7:12 AM

America, NEVER GIVE UP!!!! Call John Boehner 202-225-6205 Demand a special committee to get the truth about Dinesh politically motivated arrest & Benghazi attack, please. This is an election year, we expect the sugar coating to start in January 2014 on both sides of the aisle.
    Please remember when we asked about the 2012 Benghazi attack, the IRS and more than one hundred breaches of the US Constitution. We asked for ObamaCare to be repealed, we asked for a balanced budget and to stop the out of control spending. We continue to ask for a government of the people, by the people, for the people and we are ignored.
    We ask that you secure our borders and enforce our laws. Then you aid and abet smuggling illegals across the border illegally and ignore our plea. You help fund ObamaCare by cutting over $500 Billion dollars from medicare. Reduce spending by gutting the military.
    Then furnish government aid for illegal aliens. I am not convinced that Fast & Furious was not just an illegal act, but possibly a smokescreen for something much larger.
    America has no gold reserve, it belongs to China. You take from those that have paid the price. Then give our benefits to illegals. We have asked for reduced taxes to allow the economy to grow. We have repeatedly asked that new oil drilling be allowed on government land to reduce unemployment and lessen dependency on the middle east We the people are fed up with false promises and excuses. GOD BLESS AMERICA, ONE NATION UNDER GOD!
    2 chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Please pray for America & Israel.

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
    – Philippians 1:6

• Debbie says:

January 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM

We are losing America

• Carol Chadbourne says:

January 25, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I just cannot believe this. Dinesh has done the American people a service…what’s the big brouhaha?? Are they likening his misdemeanor(or not) to the grand-scale epic treason of b.o….accepting CAMPAIGN $$$$$ billions from OVERSEAS…..and what’s up with that?? Nothing, right!

• Betty Harmon says:

January 25, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Dinesh: We here at “The 7th Day Return of the Lord” have great admiration for you and all that you have tried to do in the name of democracy. You truly are a soldier for the TRUTH.

We consider you one of America’s finest patriots, Author,Film Maker,Teacher and a friend of the People! Be assured that we will be praying for you night and day and tell others to do the same.

Do not let your anger grow against your brothers but let it be against the evil one that cannot stand the TRUTH. For he knows his days are numbered as the end of time is near.

We’re with you all the way and encourage you to keep the FAITH and be strong in His name.

Blessings Upon You,
    B Harmon

• Cheryl says:

January 26, 2014 at 12:02 PM

How do you know his arrest was politically motivated? Are you saying he didn’t in fact break the law? Or are you saying that the law itself shouldn’t be enforced?

• barb says:

January 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM

I love you Dinesh and I think your such a brave man. I love all your books and your movie. I have prayed for you and will continue. Remember you have many, many people that back you up.
    Barb

• A.Men says:

January 27, 2014 at 7:14 AM

Where can I donate to Dinesh’s Legal Defense Fund?

• Robert Sweet Jr says:

January 27, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Dinesh is a man of honor. We were colleagues in the Reagan White House and I am proud to call him my friend. His persistence in providing the “truth” about President Obama places him in the ranks of patriots in America’s past. Patrick Henry comes to mind…”Give me liberty or give me death.” When the power of an imperial presidency squashes dissent by using the justice system to silence opposition we face a grave and growing danger to our freedoms. Patriots all across the land should make the new film “America,” to be released on July 4, 2014, a block buster hit….and voters must then go to the polls and vote into office conservative, patriotic Americans to represent them, and to STOP the onslaught towards dictatorship. The time is NOW!

• Brunilda Dienes says:

January 27, 2014 at 6:41 PM

For the second time in my life, I am ashamed of the President of my country. Clinton’s predatory behavior was an embarrassment to any decent person, but the lawlessness of Obama’s administration is something which simply cannot be allowed to continue! This man simply must be removed from office, along with every single one of his henchmen & henchwomen at every level. It is unbelievable that a country like the U.S.A. has allowed this man to go this far with the abuses he commits against the people of this country!

• Luisa says:

January 27, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Praying for you Dinesh. God bless and protect you, family and friends.

• Matt Myles says:

January 27, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I don’t have Facebook or Twitter but wanted you to know I appreciate your willingness to stand against tyranny. Please let us know how to help you.

• Adella says:

January 28, 2014 at 11:33 AM

My God Bless You and Your Family Dinesh, and Protect You in His Loving Arms.

• Monique says:

January 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM

We stand with you Dinesh. Thank you for your books and movies and exposing the TRUTH !
    do not fear….”because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world !!! ”
    Praying for you!

• K E Espenant says:

January 29, 2014 at 1:38 PM

What a modern day David and Goliath story this is becoming. The least those of us native-born might do, is to stand with our immigrant brother in protecting free speech and the conservative viewpoint. What appears an obvious federal backlash, please, begs us to rally in support of and in prayer for Dinesh D’Souza.

• charles r koreivo says:

January 30, 2014 at 8:24 AM

keep up the good work obama has taken corrupt polotics to new hieghts

• wilma garcia says:

January 31, 2014 at 1:09 PM

It is important that we all stand up for d’Souza.

• wilma garcia says:

January 31, 2014 at 1:10 PM

We stop this indictment.

• Isaac D. White says:

February 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I am very interested in the outcome of this indictment. I would very much like to discuss how I can become a part of the effort to prevent this persecution of Dinesh. Thank you

• Mona McMahon says:

March 17, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Dinesh:
    Its horrible you had to come here from the Third World to run into Third World Thugs in the administration of Barak Obama. Hopefully your persecution will motivate us to clip the wings and authority of the DOJ and the IRS relative to the White House. It’s not the job of the DOJ and IRS to perform extra-legal schemes for Barak Obama or any other President. Please keep us update about the progress of this case. If you have any leftover legal funds, please sue Eric Holder and the IRS.
    Thanks,
    Mona
    New Orleans

• Steve Fair says:

May 21, 2014 at 5:10 PM

HaHa. You better take a truckload of vaseline to the joint with you racist. Karma is real. What goes around comes around.