WND: Obama Nemesis Freed From Nightly Confinement

Originally posted at WND by Jerome Corsi.

Sunday morning, at 4:30 AM Pacific Time, filmmaker and bestselling author Dinesh D’Souza rolled up his bedding at the community confinement center in San Diego that had been his nightly home for eight months and placed it in a plastic bag for the last time.

At the first moment he was allowed to leave, he showed up at the detention office and declared, “Time to say good bye.”

He went to the parking lot, got in his automobile and drove himself home, with no intention of ever returning.

IMG_1511On the drive home, D’Souza could easily reflect that he had defied what he and many of his allies see as an Obama administration effort to silence him.

In his eight months of nightly confinement, he found time to sign a contract with HarperCollins and begin writing a new book to follow his 2014 New York Times bestseller America: Imagine A World Without Her. He also started the process of financing his next feature film, scheduled for the 2016 presidential campaign. And he’s designed a sequel to his highly profitable 2014 feature film America.

D’Souza believes he even managed to convert the approximately 100 Hispanic immigrant students he taught English as part of his community service from socialist-leaning supporters of the Democratic Party to GOP voters.

As WND reported, after pleading guilty to campaign finance violations, D’Souza was sentenced in September to eight months in a work-release center, five years of probation and a $30,000 fine. He also was required to set aside one day a week during his probation to teach English to non-English speakers. He pleaded guilty in May 2014 to arranging “straw donors” to contribute $10,000 to the failed 2012 U.S. Senate campaign of Wendy Long, a college friend.

A month after his sentencing, U.S. District Judge Richard Berman ordered him not to leave San Diego County.

IMG_1139D’Souza’s supporters contend the case was politically motivated payback for his two successful documentaries and companion bestselling books critical of Obama and what D’Souza regards as an anti-American ideology. He released 2016: Obama’s America during the 2008 presidential campaign and America in July 2014, ahead of the midterm elections.

D’Souza’s first television interview after his released from nighttime confinement is scheduled for Thursday night with Megyn Kelly on the Fox News Channel.

A Lesson The Left Never Intended

“I experienced confinement in three stages,” D’Souza told WND in an interview. “I was obviously elated when the sentence came down that I had avoided prison, and all I had to do was go sleep at the confinement center.

“But then I found out that the confinement center is actually a place where you find hardened criminals, much more dangerous than the executives and criminals who tried to defraud the IRS that you would expect to find at a federal white collar prison camp,” he explained.

dsouza-teaching“So when I first got to the confinement center, I was quite alarmed and very concerned for my own safety,” he said. “I had no idea how I was going to get through the next eight months with this type of crowd.

“But now that I’m finished with the eight months confinement, I feel I was put into an environment that I never would normally be in; in fact, an environment that very few conservatives have every been in,” he said. “But it expanded my horizons, so now I am elated again, because I feel I have come out of it with a knowledge and with a new determination that I never had going in there.”

D’Souza said his confinement “expanded my horizons in ways the left never intended.”

“The left by targeting me for selective prosecution intended to teach me a lesson, but the lesson I’ve learned is I’m sure not the lesson the left wanted me to learn,” he said.

Stealing America

D’Souza told WND the title of his new book will be Stealing America.

“The theme is that we think of American politics as a clash of ideas in that we stand for ‘liberty’ while the left stands for ‘justice’; we stand for ‘freedom,’ they stand for ‘equality,’ and I have spent most of my career debating these ideas,” he explained.

dsouza-office“But one of the things I learned in confinement was the hardened criminals I met, even as they were preparing to be released back in society, continue to live at the most basic level.”

He said that instead of discussing issues theoretically, he learned the ideology of the criminal is, “How do I get more?”

“It doesn’t matter whether it is right for them to get more, but if they have to stage a song and dance to get more, their only question is, ‘What is the best song and dance routine I can come up with to get people to go along with my con job or my scam?’

“So, I began to sit back and look at progressives in the Democratic Party as con artists who aren’t really attempting to achieve a rival view of America, but are attempting to transfer wealth, power and resources away from the ‘haves’ in favor of themselves.”

He said he began to realize “there’s a deep struggle going on in America regarding who should control the massive resources and wealth of the country.”

“Is it the entrepreneurial class that creates the wealth,” he asked, “or is it a political class that would much rather control and spend those massive resources and wealth themselves?”

D’Souza told WND he had come to understand modern politics in the United States “much more transparently and clearly” by “avoiding the squid-like cloud of rhetoric put up by the Democrats” and “focusing instead on the redistribution of power and wealth the Democrats are really trying to effect.”

He explained the objective of the book is not simply to explain how Democrats such as the Clintons have used the façade of a charity to siphon off tens of millions of dollars for their personal benefit. His aim is to show how the leftist progressives that currently have control of the Democratic Party “are trying to redirect the accumulated wealth of America to their leftist control.”

“It’s about the accumulated wealth of the U.S. educational system, the accumulated wealth of the U.S. energy sector, all the wealth in the United States contained in natural resources and land, all the wealth in the banking and finance centers of the country,” D’Souza explained.

He asserted the “goal of the progressive left is not just to pirate the nation’s great wealth for people like the Clintons but to control the health system of the United States, the energy economy of the nation, you name it; but the goal is control.”

“I’ve come to understand from my confinement experience that the goal of the Democratic Party, like the hardened criminals I met in the detention center, is to steal the great wealth of America from the private enterprise sector to appropriate to their leftist purposes how that accumulated wealth is allocated, how it gets used and how it gets spent,” he said.

He said the progressive left wants not only redistribution of income but “redistribution of wealth and power away from the entrepreneurial class and toward itself.”

D’Souza said he intends in his book to show “the incredibly close analogy between the way criminal syndicates like mafia operations and criminal gangs work and the way progressives in the Democratic Party work.”

“I began to see progressivism as a sophisticated form of theft, and I began to appreciate that the Democratic Party is organized to effect the stealing of America,” D’Souza said.

Sordid Reality

D’Souza explained his 2016 feature film will not simply be an examination of the Democratic Party presidential candidate.

It will be, he said, “an attempt to lift under the rock and see the true sordid reality behind the lofty claim progressives make that they are responsible for freedom, civil rights and emancipation in America.”

D’Souza said he wants “to expose the sordid historical and political truth that underlies the entire progressive movement that sustains people like Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.”

He said he has begun drafting the movie outline, with production planned for this summer and post-production scheduled for March and April 2016.

An early July 2016 debut, he said, will enable it to be “fully on top” of developments in the Democratic Party regarding the final selection of a presidential candidate.

Student Conversions

D’Souza said he has enjoyed teaching English to Hispanic immigrants one day a week, as required by the community service portion of his criminal sentence.

“I have become very attached to my students,” he said. “There are around 100 of them, in classes ranging from beginner to intermediate to advanced.”

He said many of them have now seen his film America, which he gave to them as a Christmas present.

“They have gotten to know me and my situation,” he said. “And they are now huge fans. If you ran Obama against me with this group, I doubt he would get a single vote.”

Read more at WND.

NYT: Obama Warns The Senate To Pass Surveillance Law
WaPo: President Obama's Legacy Is Increasingly In Legal Jeopardy
VIDEO: The Difference Between "Stupid Mexicans" and "Sooper Mexicans"
NYT: White House Won’t Upend ISIS Strategy
New York Post: Sharpton’s Daughter Sues City For $5M After Spraining Ankle
VIDEO: Elly Maye Weighs In On Hillary
The Hill: Senate Deals Stinging Defeat To Obama Trade Agenda
Power Line Blog: Bill's Howlers Cast Doubt On His Usefulness to Hillary

• Peggy says:

June 1, 2015 at 7:07 PM

I love you Dinesh, keep up all your good works against the left. The people will open their eyes one day and be sorry that they were so one sided. This country is being destroyed by O, may God save us!

• Diana says:

June 1, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Thank you for your teachings and dedication, You’re a wonderful person. I hope to see you soon when I return to San Diego.

Diana Lozoya

• David says:

June 1, 2015 at 7:45 PM

Thank you Mr,D”Souza!! I can’t wait for your new material to come out!

• Danielle says:

June 1, 2015 at 8:55 PM

Dinesh, I have have nothing but respect for you. Being forced to be a political prisoner will back fire on these criminals. O’bum, Holder, Rice, Lynch, Ayers, Lerner, Wheeler and so on! They better buy their Depends in bulk, with just you and Trey Gowdy roaming free!! Looking forward to your future endeavors. God bless you and your family!

• Dale says:

June 1, 2015 at 9:24 PM

It’s great to have you back roaming the streets at night. You are the Weegee shining your flash on the corruption of the PC socialist, leftists and those who are attempting to steal America. I agree with your analogy between the Democrat Party and the criminal element. It struck me last week that the tactics being used by the leftists in Ferguson and Baltimore are the same as those used by the Mafia in the early days of New York and Chicago and that this is all about “Control”. I look forward to your upcoming book and movie.

• karin says:

June 14, 2015 at 12:04 AM

Don’t forget the “one worlder’s” who $$$ support the “new black panthers” to create chaos. Police back off. Et voila, many will give up rights for alleged “security”. Follow the money trail. Who benefits?

• Kathy Mirphy says:

June 1, 2015 at 9:58 PM

Thank you Dinesh. I admire your dedication to the truth. Thank you and God bless you.
    K. Murphy

• Cathy Root says:

June 1, 2015 at 10:00 PM

we must begin praying for God to protect you on your new adventure bc of Obama and his loyal and dedicated partners. Surely u know ur life is in danger!

• ncgritsgirl says:

June 2, 2015 at 10:41 PM

I agree, Cathy, “…ur [Mr. D’Souza’s] life is in danger.” With the corrupt potus and his administration, there is nothing they will not do to protect the evil that resides in our government. The American taxpayer (aka: cash cow to the dumbocrats & libturds) will soon give way due to the hardship of heavy taxation. Then, where will they be? I pray for Mr. D’Souza and our country, daily.

• Ray Downen says:

June 5, 2015 at 3:39 PM

I agree that Dinesh would be wise to expect physical attacks from enemies of liberty as well as kudos from friends of liberty. He is talented and patriotic. We need more who have come to find haven in the U.S.A. to think as he does and act as well as possible. Few of us are as talented as he. I’m glad he chose to come to the U.S.A.

• RM Thomasson says:

June 1, 2015 at 10:10 PM

You came though with flying colors D’Souza … wish all of us could accomplish such a class act. Looking forward to your next movie.

• RM Thomasson says:

June 1, 2015 at 10:10 PM

• Rick says:

June 1, 2015 at 10:43 PM

You have a great personal story of your American dream. What has become of this gubment has quashed those dreams of most if not all who stand against them. Your fight has yet begun. You sir are a Great American, I’m damn proud to call you a fellow patriot.

• E Rosier says:

June 1, 2015 at 11:13 PM

Love Dinesh, love his books. He’s got it figured out, we would be fools not to listen.

• Jason d. says:

June 2, 2015 at 12:22 AM

injust assumed we ALL knew the motives of the Democratic Party.

I lived in chicago most of my adult life. I had to get out. I saw the opposite of America there. I imagine it just feels like east Berlin did.

Anyway sir. I do appreciate your work. And I cannot wait to help pass the word 🙂

• Jose' Fa'zil Taleon says:

June 2, 2015 at 1:10 AM

God blesses you Dinesh!???? May His grace sustain you as you carry a heavy burden filled to the brim with The Truth that will soon set us all free. Be encouraged! My whole family and friends are all praying for you.

• Elizabeth Hatch says:

June 2, 2015 at 2:08 AM

As an immigrant, I am also enormously patriotic to this country, and I love your work and your efforts to educate and fight the blatant takedown of America. My blood boils at the offenses against this nation. You have a gift and a drive, and I look forward to much good coming from you in the future!

• Sheryl Ree says:

June 2, 2015 at 5:33 AM

thank you for your love of this country and for your tremendous courage in speaking the truth about what is happening. You are a voice for so many people that believe as you do. You are a good man and a patriot that is held in high esteem. Keep fighting for our country, Dinesh!

• sandy white says:

June 2, 2015 at 8:17 AM

Thank you. Don’t stop!

• Alma Salinas says:

June 2, 2015 at 9:40 AM

Thank you Dinesh, you have been able to open many eyes with your films. I just hope that you will also mention that it is not only those on the left, but also right who have been tainted and corrupted by years of “public service”.

• Glenda Gant says:

June 2, 2015 at 4:24 PM

Thank you for your courage and wisdom. Please keep speaking the truth. May God bless and protect you and continue to guide you.

• Geneva Ducote says:

June 3, 2015 at 1:41 AM

Thank you for your courage and all you do to try to save our country. I am so sorry that you had to go to prison I will be buying your books and watch any movies you make. God bless.

• rae yearnd says:

June 5, 2015 at 4:00 PM

A clear and complete examination of the plans and methods of the ruling class is needed. There are less and less people with the desire, interest, and educational background who will seek this information and use it to educate and inform their daily lives and relationships.

At one time I had thought myself informed and on the right side of most issues, but as it turns out the current Congressional leadership has made a monkey out of me, as they chart a parallel progressive course of their own to compliment the destructive acts of the administration.

The purge of any and all true conservatives from leadership positions in the house in 2012, and by McConnell in 2014 were the eye openers for me, we now have “enjoyed” blue state leadership for a red state grassroots movement and they continue to do their best to destroy us.

• Frank Keefe says:

June 6, 2015 at 12:26 AM

Im glad your sentence is over Dinesh but the war still goes on between good and evil Satan and God.Though I know you will fight hard to bring America back to its senses you do know that the prophesy made by Jesus means a continuing decline of not just America but of the world. He predicted a world just before His return that would look like the days of Noah before the flood and like the cities of Sodom&Gomorrah its our world today.

• Mary Newlon says:

June 6, 2015 at 1:18 AM

I read “Roots of Obama’s Rage” a long time ago….I have been a fan ever since. Saw your
    movies and read “Obama’s America 2016″…..you are a prophet, for sure. You and Franklin
    Graham…it’s clear that you worship the same God. I pray that God will be by your side and
    protect you. I want people to see and hear before this next election as you expose the
    corruption in Washington. I believe Satan has a room in the White House and an office
    in the Capitol. If God were asked for one righteous man in all of our seat of Government
    in Washington, I fear that they would get the fate of Sodom and Gomorrah…..I am an Independent
    voter – neither Democrat (anymore) or Republican. It’s hard to vote anymore for anyone that
    is running for President. When you look past what they say and look at their voting record if
    they were in Congress, it makes you depressed.
    Shed the light, Dinesh…..but protect yourself, too. God will protect His children but they have
    to pray for wisdom to help…..
    Your friend, Mary Newlon

• Ben says:

June 6, 2015 at 2:56 AM

Dear Mr. D’souza,
    It took me a while to realize in your latest movie America, Imagine the world without her was meant to have the AUDIENCE imagine what it would be like. All along I was waiting to see if the movie reflected my vision of the world without her. It occurred to me that in America very little is left to the imagination and most indulgences are taken for granted. Most people cannot comprehend anything other than what is at present. It proves hard to imagine change as radical as it would be. My father used to say “What America needs is a good dose of Communism as an inoculate”. Regretfully communism can not be made benign like a vaccine. It takes bloodshed to fight it off and I’m not looking forward to any of that.
    Perhaps in your next movie you could bring to life a scenario where we’re still paying taxes to England’s Royalty. Where Texas belonged to Mexico with life as we see in the rest of Mexico. Where the south won the war and slavery is legal. Where Germany won the war and we’re all speaking German and finally bring to life full fledged communism in states like New York, California, Texas and some great American cities.
    Please excuse my arrogance if I am presumptuous in thinking audience imagination is at a near-zero. I feel compelled however, to drive home the inevitable to audiences, to ask if you can bring to life the communist agenda in theaters everywhere.

• Kim Loncar says:

June 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Mr. D’Souza,

I’ve greatly enjoyed reading your works and watching your movies. I’m glad to hear you are free (emotionally, spiritually and now physically)!

I appreciate the sacrifices you have made for your country and for generations to come. You are an articulate person who can describe what is truly going on to the lay person and that is most needed in our nation today.

God’s blessings on you and your family.

Mr. Kim Loncar
    Hart, Michigan

• Jazmine says:

June 11, 2015 at 10:42 PM

I wish that more Americans would have the passion to work hard for this country as you do. I am an Hispanic, and I thank you, for the effort that you are putting by showing to the ones that are learning English the true about our government. Minorities are mislead, so these politician can gain their votes. I am really glad that somebody is taking the time to educate them. I pray for your protection, wisdom and discernment. Keep the good work.

• joan says:

June 15, 2015 at 8:28 PM

I just bought your book and haven’t read much yet but I will . what can someone like me do I love my country and want America to be the great lady she once was.

• Lindy says:

June 21, 2015 at 11:26 PM

Well done Dinesh! I am glad you are out! You are incredible and truly one of God’s chosen :). Welcome back!!