VIDEO: Vanity Fair's Glimpse Inside D'Souza's Life After Conviction

Vanity Fair released a short teaser video of their time spent with D’Souza for the seven-page profile by Evgenia Peretz in the May issue.

The full profile (with beautiful images by celebrity photographer Patrick Ecclesine) is available now to VF subscribers. To catch a glimpse, watch the video below.

D’Souza, who spends his nights in a confinement center, reflects on his sense of humor, his conservative bona fides, and Obama’s wrath. In the video, D’Souza explains what drives him: “My political work is an act of gratitude—a defense of the American Dream.” This love of the American Dream explains his desire to contribute: “I’d rather pull the bandwagon than sit in the bandwagon, and I think that’s what distinguishes me from a lot of people.”

Has confinement broken him? Not in the least: “Ironically, putting me in confinement has given me a chance to clear my head, to think, and to greatly expand my horizons once I get out.”

Watch the video here:

HuffPo: Democrats Defying Obama On Iran Deal
Breitbart: Mindy Kaling's Brother Lied About Being Black To Get Into Med School, Calls Affirmative Action "Racist"
Happy Easter! Here's The Evidence For Life After Death
Hannity: D'Souza On Indiana's Religious Freedom Law
TIME: Hillary Clinton Permanently Deleted Her Emails
Yahoo News: Republican Chairman Says Clinton Wiped Email Server "Clean"
WND: Ted Cruz Says "Our Rights Come From God Almighty"
FOX: Critics Blast New Obama Regs For Fracking On Federal Lands

• Baltazar Barron Jr says:

April 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM

Thank you Dinesh for your love of GOD FORST AND AMERICA,
    GOD bless you.

• Dave says:

April 10, 2015 at 4:32 PM

I wonder what made D’Souza’s crime so much worse than what Harry Reid did for the last 6 years.

• charlie says:

April 11, 2015 at 6:37 AM

Harry Reid is part of the Power Elite Demorats. The question is why has Sharpton not been gone after by the IRS.
      Oh my mistake I’m just a white racist christen homofob .

• Trish Everett says:

April 10, 2015 at 4:56 PM

Thank you Dinesh for your two films that really have shown the light on what is happening to our America!
    Also just wanted you to know how much we enjoyed hearing you speak at Lake Havasu AZ., last year.
    You truly are a man of courage that shows your love for our great country.
    Thank you for standing for the truth.
    God bless you Dinesh,
    Capt. Stan & Trish Everett

• Betty Waller says:

April 10, 2015 at 5:17 PM

I watched your interview at Amherst College. You’re answers were everything I wanted them to be. Only problem is, I feel it’s too late. Obama’s second term sealed our fate of becoming more of a socialistic state than a free country full of opportunities. Oppoartunities are becoming fewer and father between. Our borders don’t exist anymore. Lying has become the trademark of our government. And people not wanting to truly be Americans are pouring across the southern border.

We have tried to elect someone who says what they intend to do….Then, I hear that they can’t do what they hoped. It’s impossible. Something happens when they get in office. They find they have no power to do the things we sent them to our congress to do. I have been reading, In the Garden of The Beast. It is the story of our ambassador to Germany during the days when Hitler was on the rise. I see parallels in what happened then and what is happening here in America today. No one seems to be informed. No one is keeping track of the freedoms we are losing and will never get back. What can one woman do? If you have suggestions for someone like me, please pass them on. It’s as if we are fighting city hall, which is a losing battle.
    I am a a retired school teacher and loved your movie America. I guess most people aren’t proud of us as a nation anymore. And, I don’t believe I am either. I don’t understand so much….one example would be why we borrow money from China to lend to another nation….Shouldn’t we begin to stop this foolishness? Not lend what we don’t have?

Where do we begin? What can one person do?
    Sincerely,
    Betty Waller

• Patricia says:

April 11, 2015 at 1:45 AM

Beautiful comment, Betty. You’re not alone in your thoughts / questions. It only takes one person to light the fire of inspiration….and it seems inspiration is in short supply these days. I don’t have answers but I know there’s fire in the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. The elegant concepts that defined our liberties are still resonating in this soil; literally in the ground under our feet — it doesn’t take much to water the roots. After all, this IS our inheritance, not socialism. I bypass people who say the Constitution is no longer relevant or who want to spout negative words about these documents. I turn off the endless stream of damning ideas and scenarios painted by the media that only compound the “lost” time we’re going through. What matters is getting in touch with / listening to the original words of the founders. As for bowing to other forms of nuanced language…consider the president’s first address. That historical night he said “America was once a great nation”. It went by like the first tumbleweed across the dry minds of a citizenship all too willing to accept such notions as if they are some sort of refreshing truth. Do we assume the collective need for hope and change is so great that people have stopped listening or questioning what is said? Or is it that we are just a very tired nation? Aldous Huxley, if I remember correctly, wasn’t criticizing the Brave New World society for laughing when they should have been thinking. His criticism was that they were laughing and didn’t know why….and that they had stopped thinking.

Dinesh, from the moment I first heard you speak, I was impressed.
      Every American should be proud of you.

• jo natter says:

April 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM

I too i’m a legal immigrant to this country. I have been here a long time (1953) and i’m watching hopelessly the demise of this great country. The progressives want government involved in every phases of our lives. To malign the entrepreneur who, through his dedication and hard work, his vision, now makes a profit from his labor. The sad part comes in when Obama and his cohorts want to penalize this visionary by spreading his newfound wealth and give it to the ones that sits on their hands, who has contributed nothing to their own welfare, by what he calls wealth redistribution. Mr Obama, charity begins at home, I don’t see you giving up anything, what I see is you and your family plundering the taxpayers coffers to follow a lavish life style, that is being paid by the very people you are trying to destroy.

• GC says:

April 10, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Looking forward to reading the VF piece. Glad you’re standing up to and fighting the culture, and thank you for all your books. Stay strong.

• Tricia Kalinoff says:

April 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM

I have bought 3 copies of “America” for my adult children. I appreciate your perseverance.

• Daryl Johnson says:

April 10, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Dinesh,

Thank you for all that you have done. I hope this time spent in confinement has allowed you to become even stronger. We the People are ready to slay the dragon. We are ready to restore our republic and remove this corrupt government. Citizens are becoming more educated thanks to you as we know failure is not an option.

• Lucy Brown says:

April 10, 2015 at 5:44 PM

Daily Obama punishes his opposition,using his thousands of government workers looking for anything he can use against his enemies. When he misses someone, the political Eric Holder will carry on. He is a Pathological liar, and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He got his senatorial seat in Illinois by exposing his opponent’s secret divorce papers and he won. He has interfered in two foreign elections using the only method he knows i.e. community organizing sending his people to Israel to defeat his nemesis the Prime Minister. And when he won, he acted like a spoiled brat and when on to negotiate with Iran amid their usual anti Israel and anti American. Obama and Axlerod interfered in Nigerian elections in his usual way by not helping to fight Boho Haram, stop buying their oil, making the regime look incompetent in the eyes of present politician and able to get the votes for Axlerod’s client, a Muslim.I was apolitical until 2008 and now at ninety-one I call the White House every day, send faxes to politicians and call them as well.My family and friends ask why am I doing this, my only answer is, “I am fighting for America.”
    Thank you for fighting for America as well.

• Joy Weiner says:

April 10, 2015 at 5:46 PM

Dinesh,
    You are our conservative cry for our liberties this day, time and hour!
    God is the source of everything good and HE still sits on the throne!

The so called “intellectuals” have seen themselves above God, or any true sense of moral balance for themselves or our future which is our future generations!

All through the bible, other cultures and enemies existed, but repeatedly there were warnings of co-mingling.
    God gives free will for all religions and forms of worship, but not at the intolerant views against Christianity!
    So much hate and intolerance being spewed across our nation especially by progressives. (Democrats)
    The bigger view is to change all that was sacred and respected across America!
    We, conservatives remain standing our ground!

So, Dinesh, many of us stand proudly with you, we pray for your safe release and bodacious release of new projects.
    Our prayers and love,
    Joy Weiner

• Jeannie Hinck says:

April 10, 2015 at 6:01 PM

Mr. D’Souza, you have given Conservatives and all, who love America, the information needed, to support our faith in our founding principles and to reclaim the honor of our heritage…. that is no small thing. Ditto, pretty much, what Baltazar Barron Jr said…. and God bless you.
    There are many of us, working hard, to restore our founding principles, through education of our Civic authority.

• Marsha says:

April 10, 2015 at 6:03 PM

I’m surprised Carter allowed the profile of a good man in his hellish rag.

• veronica says:

April 10, 2015 at 6:23 PM

I never tire of your story and your fight. Dinesh, you are truly a soldier, in the front lines, of an enormous battle! Thank you so much for being a fighter!

Much admiration and prayers!

xo

• Joseph Farrugia says:

April 10, 2015 at 7:00 PM

Amazed, blessed and motivated by you and your story. You are an incredible man and a true patriot. You are in my prayers. I thank you for everything you do and will continue to do. May God continue to bless you. If there’s ever anything I could ever do for you, please let me know … I would make it a priority. In the meantime, I will spead word of your efforts and will purchase and share your materials. please continue to have great faith my ‘friend’! I doubt I will ever meet you, but I will seek you out in Heaven for friendship.

• Larry Wedekind says:

April 10, 2015 at 7:29 PM

I enjoyed the VF trailer Dinesh and am looking forward to reading the full article. I admire your work and tireless energy in support of our personal liberties and the “American Dream”. I am looking forward to supporting your next film. My prayers are with you my friend.

• isa says:

April 10, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Thanks for all that you do! This reign of terror & treason will end, but I wish American public could speed up the process…..

• Joyce Ede says:

April 10, 2015 at 10:49 PM

Dinesh, may God bless, guide and protect you as you seek to be his vessel ………you have shown America how much we need ( in many ways) to turn our blessed country around………back to all we stood for (with pride) …..long before this “counterfeit” in Washington became our “commander in chief.” I am praying for your protection in a special way. Joyce Ede

• Sam Dawson says:

April 10, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Dinesh D’Sousa is a great American. He was absolutely targeted by the evil, corrupt, obama regime for his outspokenness. America needs more people like Dinesh. I thank Dinesh for being there for us.

• Meri says:

April 10, 2015 at 11:55 PM

Dinesh, you are a true instrument of the Lord. I fear for your safety as the evil deeds are never happy to be exposed in the light. Your intelligence and love of America are truly an inspiration to those of us that are unable to put into words the scary path that we see our country following.

Prayers are for your continued good fight!

• Alohadonna says:

April 11, 2015 at 1:32 AM

Dinesh, I am so proud of you and of your political & moral convictions. I didn’t like the reference to VF “wild eyed” movies and books. If anything the mainstream media CLOSED it’s eyes to Obama’s background which you examined in your books and films.

• Roger King says:

April 11, 2015 at 10:06 AM

I want to tell you something that most haven’t a clue on, which is; America in the bible. All theologians and prophecy gurus save one have missed the prophecies in the bible. The one that found America in the bible has not discovered the rest of the prophecies to date. I am going to give you all of these prophecies something I don’t normally do as one needs interpretation and other biblical text for one of the scriptures..

1. America founding; Daniel: Independence day, and the wings were plucked from the lion and made to stand on its feet as a man. Wings=America, Lion=Great Britain, Man= Uncle Sam.
    2. The removal of America; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-8, For the mystery of iniquity doeth already work, he who leteth, will let, till he be taken out of the way then shall that wicked one be revealed. This is happening now and will continue till the last 3.5 years.
    3. The judgment of Babylon; Revelation 14:6-13 This is an in sequence schedule of events. Preach the gospel. America tradition. The judgment of Babylon, then do not worship the beast or receive the mark, tells you this happens prior to the anti-Christ being in control. Here is the patience of the saints tells you the Christians are still here after he is in control.
    4. War that is equal to the judgment in Revelation 14:6-13 is Daniel 12:6-7. This is easily understood in my copy of the Living word rainbow study bible, and it shall be for a time, times and a half a time or 3.5 years and when the power of the holy people is crushed there is 3.5 years left. Power is = to America, holy people is =to Christians.
    5. The war; And the heads of the horses were like the heads of Lions, pitting us against a country that can feild a 200 milloin man army generally thought to be China, Revelation 9:13-17.
    There are a host of other scriptures that intertwine showing proof these scriptures and prophecies are America.
    There is also a time element to these prophecies, the bible tells when this event will happen to America, not the day or hour but very close to the day and in the book there is a chapter The time sheet and the incredible sevens.
    Why am I telling you all of this? I have written two books and this book which can be found at http://www.thejudgmentofbabylon.com and your office, I sent a copy there. This event will happen 3.5 years after (Israel nukes Iran’s nukes) and receives a seven year treaty stating she has the right to the land she is now living on. I believe this event will be the one with sufficient strength to warrant a treaty, this treaty will be broken in the middle of the last seven years. In essence the confirmation of the covenant Daniel 9:27. This is a story that needs to be told to all Americans and Israel. Prior to the great flood Noah instructed all of earths inhabitants if they didn’t change their wicked waywas God would flood the earth. Even then they would not change their ways. Only 8 came through the flood.

Why is judgment coming?
    Homosexuality
    The changing of our laws to protect homosexuals is leading our country to destruction. These lgbt people don’t hate you they hate the fact that you will not give voice that their sick sin is okay and not a sin in the eyes of God. If I were to say what lgbt is legitimate I would have to say lying, stealing, cheating are legitimate, and all of the other commandments of God are illegitimate.
    If only people would study more. Why did God flood the earth? The answers are written for all to see if one wants to know the truth. God flooded the earth because of sin, which includes homosexuality. Same with Sodom and Gomorrah and were now getting close to this happening again in the form of judgment on Babylon/America, Revelation 14:6-13 and 4 more prophecies on America. We are now as bad as the pre-flood inhabitants were. For more on the fall of America go to http://www.thejudgmentofbabylon.com and for more information on pre-flood events go to you tube and paste “The moon is your worst nightmare” watch this several times to insure yourself this is true, not for children. Then after you pick yourself up from the floor go to http://www.thewatcherslive.com and find out where all of this came from. You will be amazed at what you don’t know.

If Jesus Christ is not on your “todo” list I suggest you get with it. There is a prophecy that states the Lord at some point will send a strong delusion that you will believe the lie. Washington has already drank the kool aid.

I sincerely hope you will take the time to review these books.
    I am available 24/7 to answer questions. I am 76 years old and have studies America in the bible for it seems like years. Thanks for reading this. Roger King 2334 Sterling Ave, Elkhart, In 46516 Phone 574-361-6636

• William Glaser says:

April 11, 2015 at 1:15 PM

Dinesh,

your positive attitude is an inspiration to me. I think the Vanity Fair piece was great at least the teaser. What did you think about it ?

I applaud your work . We have seen no change in course now with a Republican majority since the last election. I hope a truly independent candidate could bring about some positive change toward restoring America, but I doubt it. Globalist influence is too pervasive. Obeyme is just a teleprompter reading figurehead as Hillary will be. If Rand Paul were to be elected and attempt to move away from the Federal Reserve, he would probably be assassinated as JFK was.

Please keep up the good work Dinesh.

• Athena Creamer says:

April 11, 2015 at 1:42 PM

Dinesh, this interview with VF is so good, when I go to the grocery store, I will pick up this month’s copy of the magazine to read it all. Thank you for all you do for America, not just us Conservatives, but the idealists who are lost in every since of the word. May God bless you today.
    Athena

• Berlon Roberts says:

April 11, 2015 at 3:53 PM

I know one thing for sure; we had better elect an American in 2016. A man or woman that doesn’t have a 3rd world view of America. Someone that does not believe America is inherently evil. Someone that understands although we have stumbled and even fallen in our attempt to make a more perfect union we never stop moving in that direction. We are expected to lead the Free World both in action and deeds. We are unique in the world, and when it comes to the protection of our Constitutional Rights; Victories are Temporary but, Defeats tend to be Permanent. Stand up and be counted! It is our responsible to safeguard the freedoms that have been so long and hard fought for. Take it from someone that has seen how other people around the world are forced to live. This Great American Experience that most of us live, is a unique but a very fragile one. We as Americans take it for granted…. but “Freedom isn’t Free”; it takes constant vigilance to safeguard the concept of this nation, and its government of the people, by the people, and for the people must never be lost. There must be another option to deal with our current issues as a Nation than to tamper with the very constitution and values on which this great nation was founded. Stand up and be counted; uphold your responsibly as a citizen and get involved. If you are an elected official honor your oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Let it not be said that our nation’s principles were fundamentally changed on our watch

• al freebairn says:

April 12, 2015 at 9:10 AM

The beauty of all this is that America’s memory of you as one of the special freedom fighters will grow and grow as the memory of the “Obama mistake” will shrink to a dreadfully ludicrous anomaly in this nation’s history. May God bless and continue to guide you.

• K. A. Loncar says:

April 13, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Most people forget that we are a very young country on the world stage for having become who we are. In some ways we are still defining who we are. What is important now is that we clarify who we are and whether or not we are a “good” and decent people or an uncompassionate and barbaric people. Are we a secular humanist nation or are we a Christian nation (Britain’s Prime minister reinforced his country’s Christian worldview this Easter). I am most impressed that Dinesh is telling the story as an immigrant to America. His story is the true American story. It is a story that must be told by others.

• Beth says:

April 13, 2015 at 10:47 AM

You are the Best D’Souza, keep up your Fabulous work. We need thousands more like you !! Thank You so Much !!

• Patricia says:

April 19, 2015 at 7:25 PM

God bless you Mr. D’Souza. I am 71 years old and for the last 50 years have seen this country taken down bit by bit. I read quite a bit. One of the most provocative and enlightening books I have read is the “Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion”. Also Henry Ford’s books entitled “The international Jew – The world’s foremost problem”. These are not anti-Semitic rants. Rather, they clearly show how a specific group of incredibly wealthy people have, for centuries, undermined Western culture. Even at the expense of the suffering their own people endure. The only reason I mention this is that it makes sense to try to find who is at the bottom of all the trouble. Anti Semitism is on the rise again. It means that a lot of innocent folks are going to get hurt while the real culprits get off scot free – as usual. America is a victim of this international treachery.

I do not see the country coming back because we are no longer a Christian nation. This nation has descended into paganism, atheism and sexual immorality so perverse as to require an apology to Sodom and Gomorah. We have forgotten our roots. Deliverance from our present troubles would require a “sea change” in the hearts of most Americans but I think it’s too late. I hope I’m wrong.

However, I appreciate all your efforts. You have courage. I believe you are a man of honor. These days it is not very healthy to be a man or woman of honor. I agree with you that the Obama administration has retaliated – as they often do when anyone tries to confront them on their crimes. They are criminals after all.