TheBlaze: D'Souza Says This Is the "Moral Disgrace of the Left"

Originally published at TheBlaze.

Author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, whose most recent film America is in theaters now, says the American left’s “romance for guerrilla terrorism” is its “moral disgrace.”

Speaking on The Glenn Beck Program Thursday about how radicals like Bill Ayers are able to find positions of respectability in academia, D’Souza remarked: “In academia, you can be a Bill Ayers, and it doesn’t count against you that you tried to blow up the Pentagon. In fact, it might even be a blessing because it makes you cool. You’re an interesting man and so on.”

“There is a romance for guerrilla terrorism on the left,” D’Souza continued. “It is seen as excessive passion for social justice that these guys put themselves on the line. I call it the ‘Che Guevara’ phenomenon. Che Guevara was a bloodthirsty revolutionary. He took pleasure in shooting people. … [Yet] this guy is on people’s t-shirts. Why?”

D’Souza said Guevara is on t-shirts because he represents “hope” and “change.”

“This is the moral disgrace of the American left, and it’s pervasive in the culture,” D’Souza said. “That’s how people like Bill Ayers can make that smooth transition from being a terrorist to being, essentially, a leading academic figure.”

Watch more from the interview below:

Read more at TheBlaze.

D'Souza To Appear on the "Glenn Beck Program" Tonight, "Huckabee" on Saturday
National Review: D'Souza Nation
NYT Can't Count, Puts D'Souza's No. 1 Book "America" in No. 2 Spot
Hollywood Reporter: Congressman Vows to Investigate Google Searches of "America"
Watchdog Wire: Costco Customers Pounce on Freshly Stocked "America"
FrontPage Magazine: D'Souza Tells the True Story of America
Deadline: D'Souza's Film A "Box Office Powerhouse"
Deadline: D'Souza's "America" Slams Google Again Over Missing Search Results

• cheri says:

July 26, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Mr. Ayers is a criminal and should be in jail! It saddens me that he is revered by some very foolish people, especially the young college age. My goodness, he bombed and killed people!

• Stephen Basht says:

July 27, 2014 at 11:43 AM

Mr. D’Souza, how we do play our part to aid you in this battle? I’m a passionate man who loves our God and our country, I want to get out and help. I’m a deacon in the Methodist church and I work for a national men’s ministry, I really want to do more to save our country, our values, and our way of life for my children. What can we do to help you?

• Jean Walker says:

August 1, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I saw the message from the deacon in the Methodist church. I agree with him wholeheartedly. I was born during the Great Depression and learned as a child what a great country America is. Equal opportunity for all. We never envied “rich folks”. We were taught that if we work hard we would succeed. As folks immigrate, legally, to America they are here for that same opportunity. They tell me that in the countries they came from the people do not even understand what the word “Freedom” means. They say they actually had to experience Freedom themselves to understand just what it means. Finally,
    I am a Methodist and my church including the pastor are all hard left leaning.
    I am unhappy there and hope to find another place of worship that believes if the current government continues we will all suffer.

• Barbara Tomlinson says:

August 1, 2014 at 6:54 PM

It both frightens me and deeply disappoints me that so many are deceived by liberals’ lies and and faulty “reasoning”.
    I fear already that the country I grew up in is gone. I don’t recognize it anymore. Control over people and things is the order of things now. You can’t do this or smoke that; you ‘must’ accept the “new” method of thinking, etc. I wonder at this point if we can get our country back. Up is down, black is white; what was considered good is now socially unacceptable. Help!!

• raymond LENARDSON says:

August 1, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I loved the movie and I love the pat movie 2016…..I have been a fan of your books on President Obama….I think your right ..I love your courage and you weren’t even born her…You have been attacked by the left and have remained Steadfast…I have written before But I want to tell you if you want to find an AUDIENCE THAT IS READY? You should look at these Authors,Teachers and Leaders….Orrin Woodward co-author of Leadershift, author of Resolved and co-author of Launching a Leadership Revolution…Chris Brady Co-Author Launching a Leadership ,and author of PAILS, Rascal ,and a Month in Italy…Tim Marks author of Confidience of a Champion..I mention these books because these guys are all part of the same Group…LIFE LEADERSIP…They are starting at the bottom and bringing education to the masses..Not just a Converor Belt Education as Author Oliver DeMille terms it..But a TRUE EDUCATION !! As I believe that is what you want..It is the only way to save the REPUBLIC…Hey I am willing to bet it would be worth your time to get in contact with these men..They are Godly and Trustworthy Men of Character..
    May God Bless you Always in your endevours to write the TRUTH..
    Ray

• Marvin Gentz says:

August 2, 2014 at 4:00 AM

“There is a romance for guerrilla terrorism on the left,” D’Souza continued. “It is seen as excessive passion for social justice that these guys put themselves on the line”. I assume Dinesh is talking about the Tea Party. (I mean the real Tea Party)

• Russell Martino says:

August 6, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Mr. D am w/you 10000% w/all your USA patriotic views. Our Nov. ’14 elections must restore original USA values & CLEAN HOUSE, instituting respect for our CONSTITUTION.
    Libs should consider living elsewhere, where FREEDOM doesn’t exist.
    “My country ’tis of thee, sweet land of LIBERTY”