VIDEO: D'Souza Says Obama, Holder, and Sharpton Thwart Police Inquiry

steve-malzberg-dinesh-dsouza_2014-08-21

Originally posted at Newsmax.

Conservative filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza says the entrance of President Barack Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder, and the Rev. Al Sharpton into case of the fatal shooting of a black teen by a white cop in Missouri is whipping up unrest and may keep justice from being done.

“This is a serious issue because here you have Obama, you have Holder, and you have Al Sharpton. Now, can a cop acting under the exigencies of his job expect justice if those three guys were deciding the outcome?” D’Souza asked Thursday on The Steve Malzberg Show on Newsmax TV.

“It seems really clear that they are fostering an atmosphere in Ferguson that basically goes, ‘let’s declare that this guy is probably guilty and let’s see what we can do to put him up against the wall.'”

“The idea that he would get impartial justice is becoming highly questionable…. I’m saying it’s kind of a scary triangle because all those three guys have different jobs, but they’re working in a certain kind of a concert and what all three of them are doing is working up the mob.”

D’Souza fears that Obama, Holder, and Sharpton are “responding in a way not to the objective demands of justice, but to the fever pitch of agitators who are out there.

“There’s a kind of a triangular alliance between the activists on the street, the Justice Department and the guy in the White House.”

This week, Holder flew to Ferguson for a firsthand look at the investigation into the fatal shooting of African American teenager Michael Brown by a white police officer named Darren Wilson.

The tragedy sparked ten days of rioting and looting in the predominately black St. Louis suburb of 21,000. Sharpton has also traveled to Ferguson to meet with the community and Obama has commented on the incident.

D’Souza — writer and director of 2016: Obama’s America, the second-highest grossing political documentary on record — is a former policy analyst in the Reagan White House.

A vocal Obama critic, he pleaded guilty in May to campaign finance fraud for exceeding donor limits in 2012. He was involved in a plan to get others to contribute under their own names, with him reimbursing them, to the New York state Senate campaign of Wendy Long after his own contributions exceeded the limits.

D’Souza said he was struck by Holder’s comment that he understood why many black Americans distrust the police and that he was taking the case in Ferguson personally.

“I understand that mistrust. I am the attorney general of the United States. But I am also a black man,” Holder said.

“He’s the attorney general, but he’s also a black man. Now, on the face of it the statement is unobjectionable; he clearly is both,” D’Souza said.

“But these statements have a larger meaning. To say that is kind of a way of saying, ‘listen I want you to know that not only am I the attorney general, but I’m going to be playing on the black team.'”

“In other words, what he seems to be saying is that there’s a racial dimension to what’s going on here and we should all be really clear whose side he’s on.”

He said the comments were made at a time when all the facts of the shooting are still not known.

D’Souza said he believes the comments fit into a larger narrative being pushed by liberals that “America is a racist society, white cops are racist [and] a black man can’t get a fair shake in America.”

“Overall that big story is not true, but if they can find an example that seems to illustrate or dramatize it, that sustains the narrative that’s otherwise more difficult to sustain,” he said.

“That’s why they seize upon these kinds of episodes and go crazy over them because they’re trying to vindicate this larger story of American evil and American shame.”

Read more at Newsmax.

Dinesh D’Souza’s latest movie is America, a rebuttal of the American progressive’s shame narrative. America makes the perfect stocking stuffer for patriots this Christmas! Click to order the DVD now. Watch the latest trailer:

Click here to get emails when Dinesh has important new information for you!

• Jim Kester says:

August 22, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Very well put.

• FUBAR_53 says:

August 22, 2014 at 3:18 pm

I’m military retired with years of “Military Police” experience starting in 1973. Military police were educated/trained in federal and state criminal and administrative codes related to law enforcement activities by senior police officers. When a police officer touches a civilian an “Arrest” is in effect even without saying “You’re under-arrest”. A “temporary detainment’ was when a police officer asks a civilian to ask for ID and minor questioning with a “Reasonable Belief” of illegal conduct. It’s been confirmed that the police officer “Grabbed” Brown and not a mere touch and Brown resisted with force, (BATTERY) and then assaulted the police officer to obtain the officers firearm. Only one reason to forcibly take a FIREARM is to turn it against its lawful owner.
    After retiring, I completed a 4 year degree at Western Illinois University for a Bachelor of Science in Law Enforcement Administration. Most classes in “criminal law” were taught by a “local defense attorney” that created enough “Doubt” that some students were of the opinion they would effect an arrest only when ordered to do so! Police Training Academies also have this problem with defense attorneys creating doubt in newly trained cadets.
    I’ve been in similar situation(s) having received multiple blows to the head during an violent altercation. I was temporarily stunned, but not confused, and kept performing restraining procedures including the use of the my baton to my firearm, I kept performing and using the equipment when stunned until my head cleared. Whereupon, I completed and/or changed to other lawful procedures. When one’s fighting for their own life and lives through it while still performing their lawful duty is routinely rewarded by various levels of commendation(s) from the “Public”. “Best to stop here”!

• Andrew says:

August 24, 2014 at 10:36 am

It would be great if people could be innocent until proven guilty. Especially if that person is a cop. It seems quite the opposite and that is just a flat out shame.

• patti m says:

August 24, 2014 at 4:00 pm

Everyone mentions that the policeman had not heard the report concerning the robbery so he had no real reason to be alarmed by the taunting 6’4″, 280 lb, 18 yr old. Well? The mindset of the 18 yr old is also important. We know that only a few minutes before the interaction with Williams, he had already robbed and bullied a store owner and therefore knew he would be in trouble when that officer found out. I believe he was hyped-up and already intent on not being arrested or stopped. Obviously he doesn’t obey authority or rules. Also, when those rebel-rousers use terms like “gunned down in his own neighborhood” …they need to also state “robbed local store owner and bullied him in his own neighborhood” . How can police do their job when people resist their commands or threaten/harrass them? Innocent until proven guilty. I consider beating a cop is guilty and was a face to face in person attack for the cop to experience. If policeman Williams was beaten and reacted to that.. the people of Ferguson need to understand, accept the outcome and apologize for chanting “death” threats. ( if the teen was white, would anyone care?)

• patti m says:

August 24, 2014 at 5:06 pm

Dinesh. I heard you on (AMT) American Medicine Today a radio show broadcast live-stream Saturdays at noon on 970 WFLA. Also on the AMT show Saturday eves locally in Tampa on Cable TV and now finally shown nationally on Sundays. I agree with you. I wish we had more people explaining the shaming of America and the unnecessary guilt placed upon us. We need more intelligent people like you to dispel those myths. Loved your movie, “America”, it was a real eye opener. We also saw your appearance/interview on Fox with Megyn (Megyn Files) where you rebutted Terrorist Bill Ayres and weatherman underground. I remember all their terrorism on campus throughout the country.
    And then did not realize Ayres was a professor at a university! It figures that far left continues to teach preach and brainwash our kids! My granddaughter just started kindergarten at a private school that has good solid books and no common core crap! hugs to you. Please keep up your work and informing us so we can hear the truth and teach our young people to be proud of the USA. Too many died giving us our freedoms to have it all undermined by thugs, socialists and people with special interests to support their swollen egos! Help us save America.

• bill davies says:

August 24, 2014 at 5:19 pm

sadly this doesn’t seem to be about right or wrong but about racism, Brown clearly broke the law and then attacked a police officer, it shouldn’t matter what race they were!!!

• Mary Rankin says:

August 24, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Glad I found your site.

• Marvin Gentz says:

August 25, 2014 at 4:48 am

As usual, Dinesh did not say anything coherent about the events in Ferguson. Nobody in their right mind can possibly believe his totally outrageous conclusion that President Obama, Attorney General Holder, and Reverend Sharpton were “whipping up the mob” and “agitating them to a fever pitch. I defy anybody except Disouza to actually go back and look at videos of the behavior of those three gentlemen and draw the same conclusion as Dinesh. It is clear that nothing or anybody could agitate the citizens of Ferguson any more than an over-militarized police officer shooting an unarmed Black person six times.

But nobody has ever accused Dinesh of being the proud owner of too much logical reasoning. I have tested Dinesh’s little logic problem on several 8th grade high school students: Lets see. “Since the ISIS terrorists beheaded the wrong person “to correct a perceived injustice”, it is directly comparable to loot shops from business owners since they were not involved in the perceived injustice of shooting an unarmed Black person six times. Only somebody with a depraved mind could conjure up such an illogical comparison. My 8th grade students are still giggling about the twisted logic of Dinesh. .

• Marvin Gentz says:

August 27, 2014 at 5:06 am

There is a lot more that could be said about the “unfortunate” shooting in Ferguson. But let me try to add a couple of what I think are just common sense comments. Since we have been told by police officials of Ferguson that the shooter of the unarmed teenager was ignorant of the big cigar robbery, it is clearly irresponsible of any of the news media to keep running the video of the robbery for the blaze audience to enjoy. To repeat, the ignorance in the mind of the police shooter concerning the robbery makes anybody who repeatedly runs the video an inciter of the mob of supporters for the cop. But even more important, the most important job of the police is to protect the lives of the citizens who live in the city which hired them. That protection of life is significantly more important than the property of the business owners of the town.

Why has not one radical republican questioned the motives in the mind of the police shooter?
    It seems to me that a responsible police officer would be saying to himself, “My God, there is no way that I can shoot and kill a teen-ager for walking in the middle of a street, is there?” If the shooter felt it was necessary to arrest the teenager, clearly there was available to him any one of a dozen alternative behavioral patterns he could have called upon. For example, why didn’t he call in the problem and get the help of 50 or 60 of his buddies? That could have solved the problem peacefully. As a white person (though I am not speaking for that race), I have been sent home without incident for far worse behavior than that of Michael Brown when he encountered Officer Wilson. On one occasion, I was stinking drunk and sent home with the admonishment to be careful. I mean doesn’t a responsible cop try to avoid shooting somebody if they can manage it? Even if Officer Brown is sent on a vacation with no penalty, all of the evidence reveals that he botched all of his responsibilities in dealing with Michael Brown. At the very least, his supervising officer should say to him, “You dumb shit! You really botched this one! You made the whole Department look like fools! What the hell was going through your dumb mind? That gun is to be used to protect law abiding citizens. Quit waving it around to roust kids! I told you that some day it might go off!”

• Chuck says:

August 27, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Marvin Gentz, before you give an argument you really should take the time to look at the actual evidence that has been brought out. Virtually everything you said exposes your complete ignorance of the situation and your unwillingness to investigate before accusing.

I’m guessing you’re black. I’m guessing you decided the white cop was guilty ONLY because the kid he shot is black. I’m guessing you come from a culture that always assumes the white guy is a racist, and that you are completely unaware of the bias of mainstream media reporting.

Of course, I’m guessing all these things based on your failure to do your homework before making a judgment and getting mad. This seems to be the way of the black culture, these days. Quick, emotion-based judgments. It’s almost as if you WANT the white man to be a racist!

I’ve been alive almost sixty years. And in the last 40 of those years, I haven’t seen a single case of white racism against the blacks. But I’ve seen a lot of the opposite — such as is your condition. Did you vote for Obama? I’m guessing you did. And what was your reason? I’m guessing its because he’s black. Voting for a man solely because of his skin color is what they call racism. The blacks have become a racist people in this country. Try listening to some cooler heads, like Dr. Ben Carson and other black conservatives who understand what the mainstream media is doing.

• Marvin Gentz says:

August 29, 2014 at 3:38 am

Dear Chuck:

When I write ”
    “As a white person (though I am not speaking for that race), I have been sent home without incident for far worse behavior than that of Michael Brown when he encountered Officer Wilson. On one occasion, I was stinking drunk and sent home with the admonishment to be careful. I mean doesn’t a responsible cop try to avoid shooting somebody if they can manage it? Even if Officer Brown is sent on a vacation with no penalty, all of the evidence reveals that he botched all of his responsibilities in dealing with Michael Brown.” Which I did above, there is a little hint in there which should help you identify my race. Let me simplify my argument for you and I would appreciate it if you would stick to the subject and not just call me childish names. What I said was that Dinesh was not correct when he concluded that President Obama, Attorney General Holder, and Reverend Sharpton were “whipping up the mob” and “agitating them to a fever pitch”. Further, the tortured comparison of the beheading of a journalist and the looting in stores of Ferguson is a tortured comparison at best. There is no logic there at all.

Further, I noted that the officer was not aware of the stealing of cigars. Therefore, all of the videos of the cigar heist were immaterial, cannot be used in court, and had to be shown hundreds of times on Fox News merely to incite the prejudice of Radical Republicans everywhere.

Finally, I asked why the lazy thinking mind of the shooting policeman consider the most violent means of getting the teen agers to stop walking down the middle of the street. After all, the police of Ferguson have police dogs, armored vehicles, automatic weapons, military body armor,combat boots, even LRAD sound cannons and at least 100 fellow officers who could have helped the officer to deal with his problem safely and without incident.

In conclusion, I have been alive 85 years and there is more than enough evidence to conclude that there is more racism in my country today than there ever has been in my entire lifetime. Just start by perusing the worst prison system in the world, our privatized corporate behemoths.

• Marvin Gentz says:

September 1, 2014 at 2:02 am

Chuck, neither of us are going to learn anything beneficial or enlightening about race in America by listening to Dinesh who has evolved into Radical Republican Apologist Number Uno. For so many years, Lush Rambo claimed that title. But you see what is happening to him. People do not even pay attention to his attacks against women, old people, school children, and especially President Obama. He is losing all of his audience. And then there is Fox News who kept apologizing for the misperceptions of the tea party, but they do not seem to say anything coherent these days. All they do is holler at .each other. But Dinesh sounds like he wants to ride the popularity of his movie to the point where Republicans will no longer feel guilty about their racism and discrimination practices. Do you think anybody will pay attention to him?

• Gerry Coleman says:

September 1, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Does our populace today revere due process or ad hominem?

• Marvin Gentz says:

September 3, 2014 at 3:25 am

It appears that some of our misguided population reveres the distorted world view of Dinesh. I admit that he is reasonably clever as he tries to make excuses for racism, sexism, narrow minded education, etc. But a distorted history is very dangerous. And my, my, my, don’t radical republicans love cute little slogans if they mean anything or not.