The Kelly File: D'Souza on Martin Luther King Jr.

D’Souza discusses the activist’s legacy with Megyn Kelly on January 19, 2015: “How different a legacy it is from the current generation of race activists, including Sharpton, Jackson, and even Holder and Obama.”

Watch here:

News-Press: "America" Could Be Required In FL High Schools
IBT: ISIS Cruelty Graphically Revealed in Gay Man's Rooftop Execution
Dartmouth Alumni Magazine: D'Souza's America
Yahoo: Sharpton To Address "Appalling" All-White Oscar Nominees
Bloomberg: It Never Ends for Wendy Davis
"America" To Host Teacher Appreciation Red Carpet Event
NYT: F.B.I. and Justice Dept. Said to Seek Charges for Petraeus
VIDEO: D'Souza Discusses Paris Attack with Steve Malzberg

• Tanya Carroll says:

January 24, 2015 at 4:52 PM

I have seen the movie America twice and I have purchased 3 copies of the DVD for my children to watch. Thank you for the movie. I only wish more young people were at the theater where I watched the movie. I value my freedom and see it slowly slipping away. To me the movie America was an education.

• Millie Tyler says:

January 24, 2015 at 5:35 PM

I agree with you Dinesh that Obama didn’t experience America like other people of color. Yes, Hawaii became a state 2 years prior to Obama’s birth but no one who has read about his childhood can say it was in any way typical of any other person of color raised in America. “He hasn’t had a typical African American experience” you said. Megan stopped you but I agree with your assessment.

• Ray Downen says:

January 24, 2015 at 5:44 PM

I hear straight talk with patriotic words from Dinesh d’Souza, and strange words from this Fox News lady in the present exchange. The patriotism and good judgment of d’Souza can’t be doubted.

• Lucille Reilly says:

January 24, 2015 at 6:00 PM

Your videos do not play on my iPad, and I would like to see them! My iPad software is up to date.

• Bruce says:

January 24, 2015 at 6:01 PM

I agree with you. Growing up in Hawaii in the 60s, Obama was never exposed to the overt racism that existed on the mainland. The grievance and victim mentality was taught to him here in the islands, through 2nd hand experience of his commie relatives and mentors.

• Connie Webber says:

January 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM

Megan doesn’t get it.
    Growing up black in Hawaii is NOT anything like growing up black in Alabama during the age of segregation, which Condelezza Rice experienced – so, no Megan – Barack Obama does not have an authentic African-American experience. Either Megan hasn’t been to Hawaii, or she hasn’t thought it through very carefully. Hawaii is very different from the rest of America in it culture and attitudes. It’s Polynesian, Japanese and Korean roots are at least as strong as it’s American roots, and having visited there, and family who now live there, I can tell you it feels like a different country, not just “another” state.
    By the time Obama actually lived in the continental United States, the civil rights movement was decades old, and the type of segregation and discrimination experienced by American Blacks during the 50’s and 60’s is not something that Obama experienced.
    Next time, don’t let the blonde pit bull try bully you into silence with her righteous indignation. You were right in what you said.

• Gray Jones says:

January 24, 2015 at 8:21 PM

Megyn is way off base if she thinks Obama’s had the black experience, Dinesh is totally correct. Hawaii was in no position to offer the ‘black experience’ before or after becoming America’s 50th state Aug. 21, 1959. I have to suspect Megyn’s motives for calling Dinesh’s characterization of Obama, Holder, and Sharpton, as shake down artists as ‘strong’. Where is she coming from trying to tame or minimize Dinesh? Has she lost her compass, her sense for the bases to get her to home plate…Semper Fi Nam 66-67

• Duke Feist says:

January 25, 2015 at 4:31 AM

AL the word is THE (pronounced THUH)……not DUH!!!….

• MMB says:

January 25, 2015 at 6:09 AM

I saw the exchange on Fox News between you two.
    Megyn needs to brush up on the history if she believes what she said.
    I am trying to recall a famous black man over a hundred years ago who talked about t he Sharptons and Jacksons of that error. His quotes are published. His name eludes me.

• Tom TB says:

January 25, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Megan hasn’t done her homework. Barry went to the best private school paid for by his white mother’s parents. That is as far from the Black American experience as one can get!

• Renelle Waites says:

January 27, 2015 at 6:41 AM

Reminds me of Michelle’s shopping trip to Target, where she was asked by a Caucasion woman (Obama voter) who failed to recognize her as FLOTUS (first recalled as a marvel in itself) and of all things asked for help reaching a jug of detergent on an upper shelf. Oh, the condescension and cross she had to bear!