Hannity: D'Souza On Indiana's Religious Freedom Law

On Tuesday, Dinesh D’Souza joined Sean Hannity on the FOX News Channel for a discussion on Indiana’s new Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Dinesh explains the hypocrisy of the left, calling them out on practicing selective tolerance, especially when it comes to Christianity.

“Toleration is a two-way street. If we’re going to extend social tolerance to homosexuality and transsexuality, how about a little tolerance for Christians who are just trying to live by their code of beliefs?”

Sean points out that where homosexual activists are outspoken and angry about Christian bakers, they are silent about foreign regimes that execute gays. D’Souza explains that for the left, this is a selective attack on Christianity and the RFRA has become a political ploy.

Watch the video:

TIME: Hillary Clinton Permanently Deleted Her Emails
Yahoo News: Republican Chairman Says Clinton Wiped Email Server "Clean"
WND: Ted Cruz Says "Our Rights Come From God Almighty"
FOX: Critics Blast New Obama Regs For Fracking On Federal Lands
CNN: Obama Says "Maybe It's Time for Mandatory Voting"
Washington Times: Rusty Humphries Talks With D'Souza
Breitbart: Netanyahu Comes From Behind To Win
Yahoo News: Man, 20, Charged With Shooting 2 Officers In Ferguson

• Janeen Alley says:

April 1, 2015 at 12:02 AM

Who listens to Al Sharpton? That wild rabid animal doesn’t know what the hell he is talking about.

• Mary says:

April 6, 2015 at 1:34 PM

Our fearless leader listens to him.

• Pat says:

April 6, 2015 at 5:11 PM

I agree. Al thinks he is the End All Be All of morality and racial issues, and anything else he puts his nose in. Who cares? You’re right!

• Sharon Pappas says:

April 1, 2015 at 6:23 AM

Yes. Agree with Dinesh!

• Diane Baker says:

April 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM

I love America and it sickens me the way some Americans treat us as for your sexual preference I don’t care what you do but quit cramming it down my throat. If you come to my store and ask me to make a cake and I don’t feel comfortable making it and I tell you this in a respectful manner don’t go out and start screeming that I have offended you just go to another store! I lived in a gay neighborhood for a year I had no problem with anyone as they had none with me infact we talked a lot about there life style I asked a lot of questions and listened because I wanted to understand.I also was told by many of my friends who were gay that they did not have a problem with being told I do not agree with your lifestyle they agreed with me and respected my beliefs also so I ask you what happened why are we having all these problems????????????

• Dwight Jolly says:

April 1, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Keep up the good work.

• Chris Collins says:

April 1, 2015 at 11:44 AM

Even today there is little value of opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating it’s arbitrary restrictions… Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it…

Ref to JFK Ruthless Conspiracy Speech April 27th 1961

• Ja says:

April 4, 2015 at 9:29 AM

I thank God for you! It is the strong minded and bold that God has called to do the unpopular things that preserve everything He stands for. Let’s remember, Christ was not popular with everyone. It was a select group that followed him! I think we forget that it is our job to be that salt and light. Just keep it up and God bless you!

• P Myska says:

April 4, 2015 at 9:59 AM

I’ve read and support your work very much Dinesh, but as a Christian who has seen our religious rights under attack and diminished by western legislatures and courts, or made mockery of by liberals in general, I also think that we have to be careful that in our zealousness to defend our religious rights, that legislative movements like Religious Freedom laws don’t cross a line that would allow businesses to withhold services to individuals simply because they are, or appear to be, Gay or Lesbian.

Christians will undoubtedly lose that battle, and in the process come out of it with a tarnished reputation that will only succeed in validating the religious bigotry we already experience in the west. Imagine, for example, the classic American civil rights crime of a restaurant denying service to a person based upon their Gay or Lesbian appearance or association. This is exactly the scenario that liberals like Al Sharpton will seize upon as they drive to build another Democratic Congress, Senate or Presidency for 2016.

Canadian courts have attempted to find a balance between one’s religious right vs. another’s human right in this area, and it can be essentially summed up as follows: a commercial business owned and operated by an individual with strong Christian moral convictions does not have the right to deny service to individuals or groups that are Gay or Lesbian, but that said, they do have the right to deny service when such service contains “content espousing causes or activities clearly repugnant to the fundamental religious tenets” ** of the business owner-operator. (** Ontario Human Rights Commission v. Scott Brockie Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, [2002] O.J. No. 2375). No person of religious conviction should be forced to produce material or labor where the content within the specific requested service is offensive to the individual’s deeply held religious beliefs.

This clearly is not an easy-to-apply-one-size-fits-all legal guideline, but it is never-the-less one which under the complex circumstances of religious and civil rights clashing, does seek to protect both.

• Mary says:

April 6, 2015 at 1:32 PM

Unfortunately, like so many conservative videos, this one has been hacked. No audio plays. Please fix this, Dinesh. Thanks.

• Pat says:

April 6, 2015 at 5:22 PM

Uh, the sound on my computer didn’t work either…then….. I just clicked that volumn control up a bit and it worked fine…

• Pat says:

April 6, 2015 at 5:20 PM

If a Christian business wants to NOT serve a portion of a public NOT in their service demographic, then why not? I would not go in a muslim bakery or a place that did halil and demand steaks from cows be knocked in the head first. If I were a Christian baker, no way would I be ordering same sex little groom and brides for the cakes. AND would we REALLY REALLY WANT a cake prepared by someone who REALLY REALLY didn’t want to bake it for us? The foolish rush in where angels fear to tread! I don’t have to think twice about that answer! And LGBT groups pick who to push around, and a little bakery business? Mom and Pop Christian business? Oh STOMP THEM FROM THEIR LIVLIHOOD! THAT’LL TEACH ‘EM! Good Grief! Then they want to be all holy and have a religious service on top of it all. Hypocracy abounds here. THere are plenty of other bakers that want their business. For shame on these monster LGBT groups – this is just more LGBT bullying. They have swung from a minority wanting basic rights agains discrimination – jobs, legal rights, now they swing their big LGBT AX to hurt and destory. Okay….I’ll make your &^%*&* cake!! ….and they should ask themselves….”””do I really really want to eat it?””” OR…. Ooops, it fell, it got dropped on the floor 10 minutes just inside the reception hall door. Oooops, where did those dog hairs come from? There’s a hair in my soup! Foolish foolish. Just go to the next baker and leave the people who don’t want your business alone!