Breitbart: The Political Persecution Of Dinesh D'Souza

Originally posted at Breitbart by Pamela Geller.

I am no D’Souza fan. One only need watch the debate between Dinesh D’Souza and Robert Spencer at CPAC 2007 to know where I am coming from, but that’s not the point. The idea that Dinesh D’Souza would be hounded and punished for something that Democrats do every day — that’s the point.

In my 2010 book The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War On America, I gave the details of illegal contributions to the 2008 Obama campaign — from Hamas-controlled Gaza, no less. No one so much as batted an eye. But the idea that Dinesh D’Souza would have to undergo psychological examination for breaking the rules to support conservatives — that’s a new Stalinist mode of American politics.

Breitbart News reported in September 2014: “In addition to his five-year probation sentencing and eight months of confinement in a community confinement center — or restitution center, which will likely be completed in San Diego, California where D’Souza resides — Judge Berman ordered D’Souza to undergo ‘therapeutic counseling.'”

The idea that Dinesh would have to undergo psychological counseling is Maoist. It’s what Mao Zedong did to intellectuals and political dissidents in China. And as could have been predicted by anyone who is aware of how totalitarians have used psychology as a weapon, the psychological counseling hasn’t gone well. On Monday, Judge Berman “read aloud a report from a court-appointed psychologist who called D’Souza ‘arrogant’ and ‘intolerant of others’ feelings.'” This was in the context of Berman emphasizing that D’Souza had “to do eight hours each week for the entire five years he’s on probation and not just the eight months he was confined to a halfway house.”

Since when did being “arrogant and intolerant” — that according to a court-appointed psychologist — become a crime? The psychologist also claimed that “the client tends to deny problems and isn’t very introspective.” If that were a crime, Barack Obama should be serving a life sentence. If being arrogant and intolerant were a crime, you’d have to arrest the entire mainstream media.

Where is the outcry? Where is America? I don’t care if the enemedia isn’t writing about it. Where are decent Americans? It’s chilling. If Dinesh D’Souza is psychologically damaged in some serious way, so are millions of conservative Americans. And that’s the insidious point of his “therapeutic counseling.”

The persecution of Dinesh D’Souza is the latest manifestation of a disturbing new trend in American politics. After the Benghazi jihad attack on September 11, 2012, Hillary Clinton promised that the maker of the Muhammad film upon whom the Obama administration wrongly blamed the attack, Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, would be arrested. And he was, on the flimsy pretense of a probation violation that was far less serious than comparable violations that U.S. courts and police ignore every day. Whatever the pretense, Nakoula was a political prisoner. He was jailed for blasphemy. And he remained the U.S.’s only political prisoner for a full year. If he hadn’t made the video, he wouldn’t have been in jail. The filmmaker was hunted down like an animal, and was in jail for trumped-up charges in an act of submission and surrender to Islamic law. This was a complete abridgement of our freedom of speech rights.

This was Obama sharia enforcement in America. Obama brought down the gavel on free speech at the UN when he said in the wake of the Benghazi attack, “the future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam.” Now we see, with the persecution of Dinesh D’Souza, that as far as the arrogant and intolerant autocrat in the White House is concerned, the future doesn’t belong to his political opponents, either.

In some Muslim countries, if you leave Islam, you risk being committed to an insane asylum. Is that what we are coming to in the United States? If you dissent from the dominant opinion, you will considered crazy and committed?

All charges against Dinesh D’Souza, and the ridiculous and insidious order that he undergo psychological counseling, should be dropped now — unless every Democrat who has skirted campaign finance laws is likewise prosecuted and persecuted.

The use of the legal system to persecute political opponents is a hallmark of authoritarian regimes. This is how low the Obama administration has sunk.

Read more at Breitbart.

Fox News: Fed Judge Orders Psych Counseling For D'Souza
WND: Dem Judge Orders Psych Counseling For D'Souza
DNJ: Tebow Promotes Christian Service In Murfreesboro Speech
VIDEO: Elly Maye Asks, Is Obama Stupid or Evil?
NYT Magazine: Dinesh D'Souza Isn't The Real Criminal
VIDEO: D'Souza Responds To TNR Article Bashing Brown People Who Don't Toe The Line
The Federalist: Actually, Obama, Mass Killings Aren’t Uncommon In Other Countries
NYT: Hotelier Avoids Prison for Violating Campaign Finance Laws

• John Doe says:

July 16, 2015 at 7:54 PM

Ms. Geller,
    I noticed you said that Barack Obama isn’t introspective? Just wondering, how would you know? A registered psychological councilor made the lack of introspection comment about Mr. D’Souza. Not sure if you have ever conducted a therapy session with Obama or if you know a therapist who has..if you have, then I stand corrected. I agreed with many points in the article, but try to be a little professional, no?

• Mary Matthews says:

July 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM

I saw both of his movies…Obama’s America 2016 and America Imagine a world without her…Both were very true to truth!! I would certainly recommend everyone see these 2 movies!!!

• Maureen O'Connell says:

July 16, 2015 at 11:38 PM

I like Dinesh, very much and dislike B H Obama. In the past, in an effort to do something I’ve written to my congress persons and Senators asking for him to be impeached all to no avail. I’ve even gone so far as to email Fox News all to no avail. Frankly, I’m tired of hearing about it because all that happens is complaining but nothing concrete ever gets done. Obama continues in his insulated cocoon there in the White House. It looks as though the way things continue to spiral out of control and BHO continues to do as he wishes, our legislature seems to be helpless to stop him. Is that really the case or do they even have the will? What can we regular, middle class Americans do?

• Sandy says:

July 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM

This is certainly NOT the first incident of unfairness in politics wielded by the left. Outcries should have been forthcoming many years ago. If a Republican president had done what Bill Clinton did…he would have been tarred and feathered by the left. They loved to bash Bush…but now that the tables are turned, the right is intolerant. Yes…this is a travesty and it needs to STOP NOW!! I am outraged and only hope that the Republicans wake up in time to save this country!

• Jeannine Swanson says:

July 17, 2015 at 2:43 PM

We need to stand up to this and make it known everywhere!!!! Just like the silencing & prosecutions of conservative groups by the IRS which have been shown to be true and carried out by Lois Lerner, the DOJ (Holder), the Obama Adminisration and HIS IRS!!!!!!! They should all be prosecuted!!!!!!! What are we waiting for????????

• gulla says:

July 18, 2015 at 12:43 PM

The end times are now

• Sharon Kramer says:

July 18, 2015 at 2:29 PM

I live in San Diego and am a liberal. In 2005 I published a small writing on the Internet exposing how it became a fraud in U.S. policy that it was scientifically proven Toxic Mold does not harm. The fraud was penned by toxic tort expert defense witnesses for the USDOJ. It was legitimized by a medical association, the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine in 2002, and mass marketed to US physicians. In 2003, it was mass marketed to the courts by the U.S. Chamber Institute for Legal Reform and the Manhattan Institute Center for Legal Policy. Officers of the CA courts framed me for libel for the writing and harassed me for eight years (2005-2013) in a SLAPP suit brought by the USDOJ toxic tort experts. When I wouldn’t shut up of the fraud upon the court in SLAPP aiding the continuance of scientific fraud all over the country, officers of the CA courts attempted to have me deemed mentally incompetent and in need of counseling. I had to spend $700 for a physch exam in 2012 to head them off at the pass. Its a really dirty story in that they first needed to give me a criminal record before they could use CA Penal Code 1368 to deem me mentally incompetent to force me into a psych diagnosis. I was charged with Civil Contempt of Court for refusing to shut up of the fixed SLAPP and spent to nights in jail in 2012. Civil contempt is not a crime. While I was in jail, my Civil Contempt somehow morphed into Criminal Contempt — and the San Diego Sheriff Dept gave me a false criminal FBI record. For six months, they claimed they could not remove the false criminal record because their computers would not allow it. They were going to use it to deem me crazy for exposing their frauds aiding even greater frauds. I never would have even known of the false criminal record, were it not for a private sector website which reports on charges of those in jail. It took me over 10 years to remove the scientific fraud from US policy. To date, NO ONE has ever been punished for the harassment — by criminal means in the San Diego courts — that I experienced for exposing fraud. A recent Internet Radio interview I gave on the matter: http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/audioPop.jsp?episodeId=983897&cmd=apop

• Richard Farrar says:

July 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM

Those DEMOCRATS don’t want “YOU” making two new documentaries movie; 1. Obama – Agent of Radical Islam and 2. Secretary Clinton of The Clinton Foundation.

• kathleen says:

August 4, 2015 at 5:59 PM

who do you think will be the one to raise the Muslim flag over the WH? ans: the same one who had those Iraqi Christians that “illegally” entered the U.S. through Mexico and are now residing in a detention center. Only Mexicans and south of the border illegals can come into the U.S. without being detained. Congress, where are you. You should not be taking a vacation in August with all the hell that’s going on in this country. Do your jobs or get out of your Congressional seat and go home and stay there. you are aiding and abetting the evil coming from the WH.