AUDIO: D'Souza vs. Leftist David Corn on NPR

D’Souza went into the lion’s den July 30 for NPR’s On Point with Tom Ashbrook.

For an hour, D’Souza debated with Mother Jones Washington bureau chief David Corn (and sometimes host Tom Ashbrook at the same time) on Obama, the economy, our foreign policy, and the state of political discourse in America.

NPR’s audience was predictably hostile to D’Souza, even going so far as to make calls to the station that aired during the interview accusing NPR of selling out just by having D’Souza on the show.

Listen to the fireworks here:

For a glimpse into the liberal mind, check out the 1,000+ responses to D’Souza’s NPR appearance.

WaPo: Obama's Foreign Policy Reveals The Effects Of Disengagement
D'Souza to Glenn Beck: I'm Not Giving Up on America
VIDEO: D’Souza, Richard Dreyfuss Discuss Border Crisis
The Dana Show: D'Souza Discusses Controversies Surrounding "America"
NYT: Heady Summer, Fateful Fall for D'Souza, a Conservative Firebrand
"America" is Focus of Republican Club Movie Night
TheBlaze: D'Souza Says This Is the "Moral Disgrace of the Left"
D'Souza To Appear on the "Glenn Beck Program" Tonight, "Huckabee" on Saturday

• Robert Orback says:

July 31, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Wow!!! Dinesh, If I counted the times you were disrespected it would be probably above 50 times. They did not listen to you but your ethics will speak for you in the long run. All they really wanted was to have you on their show to belittle you and us. I felt I was right their with you. I am at home drinking a few beers, listening to you and missing my wife in Thailand who works her butt off trying to become a citizen here even though we are married. I respect you, admire you and know that God who is unbiased loves you and the people you tried talking to. If they were genuine they would have learned more about you and your journey. I am so full of the madness that keeps me from doing more to help our great country. I have decided to learn about Buddhism because it will save me from the madness only in that I will learn to meditate, listen, listen and listen. I am a Christian Mormon and am trying to cure my hypocrisy. There has been only 2 people who have inspired me to be better and do more. Glenn Beck and you. Glenn challenged me to discover the truth myself and you have taught me that their is enjoyment in conversation. This may sound insignificant but in reality I’ve been studying the prophets of old and how they were able to converse with people who wanted to kill them with so much ease. You will become an inspiration to all Americans because you do choose to listen and converse with other beliefs. Thanks for making my life exciting. I read the Blaze everyday for news but I only read your posts on facebook. I do wish I could meet you one day. I would only ask questions about your life though and get to know you. I can already tell that you are a great man with a calling. Something you may be interested in. Read the book of Mormon and look up the bookofmormonevidence.org or com. Through my research and others the American Indians east of the Rocky Mountains are the Lost Tribe of Judah. The American Indians of the Algonquian tribes have Haplo group b DNA in their blood which is only found in Ancient Jerusalem. That means the Hopewell Civilization within the Heart of America or the Mississippian mound builders are Jewish and their descendants are the Native Americans east of the Rockies. I just thought you might want to look at this because I feel that the Israelis soon will be chased out of Jerusalem by the world and the only place they can come is here. Again, you are my Hero and have inspired change in my life.

• Suz says:

July 31, 2014 at 6:27 PM

I follow D’Souza! I love D’Souza! You are right! The left whines. They can’t get beyond your mistake to see all the good you do.

There are conservatives that don’t like you? They must be Rino.

You are right on. The libs get by with voter fraud and yes, campaign finance abuse.

You rock! Keep it up.

• tony ivey says:

July 31, 2014 at 6:31 PM

screw Obama and screw liberals I hate them.

• Stephanie says:

July 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM

Mr. Corn is impolite, disrespectful and cannot stand a difference of opinion. The liberals always seem to be afraid of honest discourse and differences in opinion. Their way or the highway.
    You raised the bar Dinesh and Mr. Corn has won the limbo contest.

• Chris Moline says:

July 31, 2014 at 6:36 PM

I am inspired by you and hopeful about our future as bright minds such as yours continue to step up and shine light on our culture.
    Semper Fidelis

• Brian Barton says:

July 31, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Dinesh, you are a true American Patriot and I admire your patience in dealing with both Ashbrook and Corn. Their eyes are closed to everything BUT their Liberal agenda. Of course they have to have 2 against one, not to mention their audience who is almost 100% liberals and leftwing kooks to gang up on you. They hate America, they can’t wait to see it “brought down to size” and would be thrilled if we became a Communist Dictatorship. Notice that Ashbrook challenged almost every statement you made, but was either silent or agreed with Corn’s statements? My admiration for your courage to go into the lion’s den with truth as your only weapon. But we have to face facts, people like Ashbrook, Corn, and the NPR listeners are so far gone that they will NEVER come back from the Dark Side. We are going to have to continue to beat them in the arena of ideas and at the ballot box if we are to ever get the America we love back to where it belongs.

• Rhonda says:

July 31, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Mr. D’Souza, wonderful work.. I really had no idea how left NPR was in its entirety until this interview (though admittedly I don’t listen normally). I was taken aback when the host wanted to focus on your “wrong doing” at the start of this interview. Seems the only time I’ve heard the left worry about the letter of the law is concerning you. Otherwise the theme seems to be break the law to get what you want if you are a liberal.. Just look at the IRS. Well I thank you sir, I love this country and what foresight our forefathers had to give us a great foundation to build this country upon.. and now this is still the country that people want to come to. How long it will be this way is hard to say since liberals are pushing for a socialist agenda, (so very generous when using someone else’s money) so heart breaking to think about, but we must fight the good fight. Thank you for being a true patriot.

• Eddie says:

July 31, 2014 at 6:58 PM

Dinesh, I think we have come to a point where we’re gonna have to let the libtards have their way, and let them starve… then we can reboot the country to our liking for our kids.

Its a losing battle, because the ignorant are ignorant for a reason. Just like in the movie Idiocracy, its the stupid people that are reproducing at an alarming rate, because they follow mainstream media which provides all the temptation the devil himself could ever hope to offer, and the sheep just take the bait and swallow up to the reel.

I believe the liberals will purge themselves out through their ignorance, and when enough of them are gone through hunger, diseases like AIDS, etc., the conservative America will rise again, and start a new wave throughout the world. We gotta sit it out and wait.

I do believe in what you’re trying to do… And I love ya for it… and I do feel as you do… but we are thoroughly outnumbered by those that are ignorant through their arrogance. Let them have their wish and the genie will destroy them through it.

One love.

• Nita Jones says:

July 31, 2014 at 7:07 PM

If that commentator had mentioned ONE more time that Mr. D’Souza was facing jail time for a FELONY, I would have lost my lunch. What a horrible show of attack journalism. You presented yourself as an knowledgeable, intelligent spokesman for the conservatives of America, who realize that Obama IS indeed a threat to our Country. Also, they accused you of talking about the past, and God knows that is a favorite ploy of the Liberals to keep dredging up slavery, racism, which causes MORE racism. Kudos to you, and thank God we have you to stand up to these Un-American socialists.

• Judy G. says:

July 31, 2014 at 7:24 PM

They are trying to brand Dinesh as a criminal.
    No one brings up Ayers, who should have gone to jail, in the 60s and should still remain in jail, today.

Now, Obama begins to say how great the U.S. is BECAUSE of Dinesh’s book. It’s in response. We ALL know Obama never praised America, only apologized for HER.

These men, obviously don’t know their History and could learn so much by, simply, watching this movie.

A+ movie. A+ man. A+ Country. A+ Founding Fathers. A+ Fans.

• ruthie says:

July 31, 2014 at 7:32 PM

FYI to the dude talking to Dinesh…liberals are the ones who caused the crash of 2008…a bill Jimmy Carter started to improve inner city neighborhoods and Bill Clinton enforced…forced banks against their will to give loans to people who could not pay them back…..or endure government punishing bank…..conservatives do not endorse giving money away to people who cannot pay it back or to be irresponsible with money….libs are the ones who burn up millions and billions…so it is not “capitalism” that ruined the economy it was democrat policy

• Samuel R Roberts says:

July 31, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I have praised and shared your movie with anyone who will listen.

I agree with you and the truth you share.

You’ve got it right!

Thank you for taking a stand for America.

Sam Roberts
    President/Owner
    3D-Machine, Inc.

• Shawn Pittman says:

July 31, 2014 at 8:16 PM

Amazing. I was getting annoyed at how the host kept bringing up the jail time thing. Completely irrelevant and annoying. I thought your arguments were sound and factual. You sounded ten times more intelligent than your counterparts.

• GrmnGreg says:

July 31, 2014 at 8:19 PM

When you play in the lion’s den, you should expect to get bit. This was a hostile group of people arranged against Dinesh and he got beat up. He was getting double teamed and was given no opportunity to explain his positions. The fact that they had to spend several minutes explaining and apologizing for presenting a view opposite to their far Left ideology, tells me all I need to know about these people. I hope Dinesh learned from this. Stay away from these people.

• David Bollig says:

July 31, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Wow, what a two against one fight. I lost a lot of respect for Tom because of his continual talking down and talking over Dinesh. Amazing how npr always made sure Tom got the last word. this was a crappy debate because of the childishness of both npr and Tom. Go back to talking about global warming.

• Ralph Warner says:

July 31, 2014 at 8:32 PM

More of the same from the liberals, which is why I personally don’t waste my time talking to them.

What I thought was particularly interesting was the number of times the host reminded the audience that Dines was facing jail time. Simply put, it was as if he was enjoying saying it. In other words, it was as if he was tasting the most decedent dessert, and couldn’t get enough of it. I guess it’s true, simple things for simple minds.

• P Charp says:

July 31, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Previous comment…
    Just wow – inspired by this guy and Glenn beck… You ever get out and see the world bro? Much more inspiring people than those who get paid to talk about politics… I mean.. Inspirational?! Holy fuck no! …there’s more inspiration in any one of my neighbors, professors and in the common citizen on the street than those two… You just have to listen, and listen to someone in person, not on the freakin’ boob tube

• Neal Wright says:

July 31, 2014 at 8:38 PM

It took “tolerance” to have Dinesh on the program? What an admission of unAmericanism!

• David says:

July 31, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Tom Ashbrook is a complete dick.

• Steve says:

July 31, 2014 at 9:07 PM

NPR funded by public. Need I say more. Listening to these guys makes a strong argument for this country to divide it’s self. I would never listen to NPR only because Dinesh is on. Never heard of them and never will. It’s a shame that tax dollars support this morons. Typical liberal try to out shout you.

• Virginia Pena says:

July 31, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Dear Mr. D’Souza, you have nothing to apologize for. I couldn’t listen to all of the broadcast because of the leftist attitude.

I just wanted to say thank you for all that you have done in the name of America. God Bless you, he has certainly chosen the right man for the job.

• Ted C. says:

July 31, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Games like the host and the Mother Jones fellow were playing, such as using ad hominem attacks (paraphrase: “…did we forget to mention he’s facing a jail sentence?!!?…”) and false accusations of dicto simpliciter (paraphrase: “…but Dinesh, you’re painting ~everything~ with a broad brush!!!…”) are why I quit listening to NPR years ago.

• Brian L says:

July 31, 2014 at 9:23 PM

If he was so wrong why won’t they let him speak. Total hatchet interview.

• Chinadoll says:

July 31, 2014 at 9:37 PM

David Corn does not know how to listen.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Hillary’s sound bite they played wasn’t made just so they can fly it in the face of anyone who says she’s anti-American. The point ought to be: actions speak louder than words. They can speak out of both sides of their mouths without any twinge in their conscious’.

• Seth says:

July 31, 2014 at 9:53 PM

The first caller is really exemplary of why we have BO as a president. They believe everything that comes out of his offensive hole. He bases his entire argument on what the proven liar says in a speech. He also purports none of Dinesh’s movie is based on factual content which is interesting since the entire base of the liberal/progressive ideal is based on lies, deception and forceful agendas.

• Glory says:

July 31, 2014 at 10:02 PM

This was SO interesting! I’m pretty sure I like your “swill.” Thank you. Incidentally, I heard you speak at Loras College in Dubuque, IA, a number of years ago … you graciously signed some of your books for me … after you credibly, thoughtfully, and intelligently responded to a leftist questioner in the audience. Bravo!

• James Jones says:

July 31, 2014 at 10:03 PM

DEFUND NPR. Period.

• Mark says:

July 31, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I think that positive comments were stated on both sides.

• James Jones says:

July 31, 2014 at 10:28 PM

DEFUND NPR as they are biased. Period.

• Barbara S says:

July 31, 2014 at 10:46 PM

OMG! I wanted to smack the bastards who kept interrupting you and twisting what you said.

• Don Hawthorne says:

July 31, 2014 at 11:39 PM

Regarding David Corn’s assertion that Mother Jones does not shame America and offers a “bet” to Dinesh D’Souza to prove it, here’s some samples from their website:

“It’s the Inequality, Stupid”
    Eleven charts that explain what’s wrong with America.
    —By Dave Gilson and Carolyn Perot (March/April 2011 Issue)

“Why American Politics Is Broken In One Sentence”
    —By Kevin Drum (Thu Jul. 31, 2014 12:06 PM EDT)

“The Child Migrant Surge Is Slowing Down, But Not Because America Freaked Out”
    History suggests that Mother Nature might be having the biggest effect.
    —By AJ Vicens (Thu Jul. 24, 2014 6:00 AM EDT)

“Let’s Watch Stephen Colbert Make Fun Of Tim Draper’s Stupid Plan To Split California Into 6 States”
    —By Ben Dreyfuss
    (Thu Jul. 24, 2014 12:24 PM EDT)

“Watch John Oliver Explain the Insanity of Our Prison System With Puppets”
    —By Katie Rose Quandt (Mon Jul. 21, 2014 4:45 PM EDT)

None of these seem overly respectful of the country or its cultural aspects overall, at least not when they contradict Mother Jones’ stand on the issues.

So whatever Corn bet you, Dinesh, you win.

• Don Hawthorne says:

July 31, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Wow… I’ve had this playing in the background and I gotta tell ya, this Corn guy needs to seriously up his meds.

NPR’s and David Corn’s bias could not be more blatant.

• ShaShalin says:

August 1, 2014 at 1:04 AM

Wow.. you can’t let the man talk…. Not going to listen to this radio station…

• Jason Lee says:

August 1, 2014 at 1:28 AM

Corn says Obama believes America is great just by virtue of him using it as a throwaway line in multiple speeches. Oh, okay I see. I find it’s more accurate and a better measure to judge them on their actions instead of their rhetoric. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that Obama does not believe in American greatness.

• Dan says:

August 1, 2014 at 1:45 AM

Dinesh went on the show not to win any arguments. He went on air to get his message out to the people in the audience. He’s a very intelligent guy who succeeded at getting the job done.

• Mike S says:

August 1, 2014 at 1:56 AM

Liberalism is a mental disorder. They’re still defending Obama- which is laughable by now. Everyone has bailed from that Admin. D’Souza destroys these leftist on every topic. I cant stand Liberals- they’re the sheeple, the ones that complain, the ones with the hands out, the ones crying life isnt fair, they want bigger government, more taxes, for you to pay more, pay now, no accountability, still living in the 1960’s or trying to keep the racism of the 60’s alive, they look for it in every nook. LIBERALS ARE THE PROBLEM. I AM SO DONE WITH NPR! I AM DONE DONATING!!!

• Tom says:

August 1, 2014 at 4:23 AM

Thank you so much Dinesh D’Souza you got those liberal eyes open. We need to study the mind of the liberal to understand the psychology of the liberal who just can not understand history, equality, kindness and most of all, American liberalism that the Western world clings to. History gives us knowledge of where we came from and where we may go in the future, so why can’t liberals understand the facts of history? Liberals since the 1960’s cling to the “isms” of American culture, (feminism, capitalism, post-modernism) and so on. Liberals have no foundation to stand on because they are too lost in the moment of defiance. Conservatives support so much of American culture that has benefited the comforts of liberalism, NPR is the example of this and David Corn’s career with Mother Jones by the ideals conservative America built, American Liberalism. D’Souza is right, the left is trying to change American culture that George Orwell warned us about against fascism. When are laws in America do not matter, like immigration, rights of American citizens (men, conservatives) but the rights of rape victims and discrimination against illegal immigrates and women are to be up held only, we got a problem that D’Souza and Orwell warn us on the precursor to liberal left totalitarianism. America is a great country that liberals take too much for granted and if only they could see that.

• Steve Christy says:

August 1, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Dinesh clearly buries them in historical (un-taught) facts. Why they despise the truth is beyond me. I only wish my liberal history teachers had told me these things. They flounder in the details. Keep up the great work Mr. D’Souza!

• Robert says:

August 1, 2014 at 8:49 AM

Could not be more “off point!” Amazing,the left wants to twist any opposition in to an extremist view

• Truth Gun says:

August 1, 2014 at 9:27 AM

D’souze was constantly interupted. Did he even need to be there? The Motherjones guy seemed to be having an internal dialog which we had to endure.

But Dnesh was amazing as always,

• John says:

August 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM

“I getting a little bit irritated” says Mr. Corn, this was supposed to be an interview yet Corn interrupts, makes assumptions and tries to put words in your mouth. Ugh! I admire your patience and ability to stay on point with all that going on. Someone please tell Mr. Corn that volume doesn’t win arguments, nor does acting the victim.

• Luticia Brooks says:

August 1, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Mr. Corn was hostile with his tone. Liberals become angry and intolerant when someone disagrees with them. Mr. Corn talked over Dinesh, and really took the show. All the talking by Mr. Corn in no way diminishes the truthfulness of the book or the movie. He didn’t even understand what Dinesh meant by saying that Obama came up from nowhere! As far as the 6% unemployment, there’s no such thing! They aren’t counting the people who are no longer seeking jobs because they’ve given up and living back home with parents, or other relatives. Obama only gives lip service when saying we are exceptional, because he always ends his statement with: “We are exceptional just like any other country is exceptional.” He also stated that America is not a Christian nation. I follow Hussein’s actions more that his words. Hussein Obama is a disgrace to the White House and this great nation.

• pam says:

August 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Wow! They were really condescending and rude to Dinesh. Way to stick to the subject and take the high road!!!

• JohnG4000 says:

August 1, 2014 at 12:17 PM

The left hates debate. All they know how to do shout you down. I wish you had talked about Howard Zinn being a communist. I think that is a fact that most people are unaware of.

• Kevin E. Lapp says:

August 1, 2014 at 2:20 PM

This interview was so unfair, in that the NPR host, and the liberal fellow that he invited on, would not allow Dinesh to finish a sentence throughout most of the program. I do not recall NPR inviting a Conservative guest on, whenever they have a show featuring a Liberal person and their point of view. Guys, almost half of those in the USA have a Conservative view, and almost half have a Liberal view. If you are going to have a radio program that is subsidized in good part with taxpayer dollars, then you ought to put on a show of some quality, and let the guest present his view. If you want to have a guest with an opposing view as well, then if you desire a good reputation then you should not only do this when the main guest is from one end in particular, of the political spectrum. Since you have instead conducted your show as an attack job, I will cease listening to NPR until the start of next year, and I will recommend that other people give this consideration as well.

• Kevin E. Lapp says:

August 1, 2014 at 2:38 PM

As NPR supports your radio show, and you will not allow your Conservative guest to finish a sentence, I do not think that NPR should be funded by my hard-earned tax dollars. I will write my representatives in the House, and Senate, today, stating that your funding needs to be reduced as your program does not provide value in the form of allowing an intelligent discussion of ideas.

• Doug says:

August 1, 2014 at 5:19 PM

D’souze

Wow… This is a great example of how much class you have compared to the people at NPR.

Great Job!

-Doug

• Abu Nudnik says:

August 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM

These guys can barely speak without crying.

• Abu Nudnik says:

August 1, 2014 at 7:07 PM

The anti-colonialism of Obama’s father is clear in Obama’s own autobiographies. Did Corn not read them?

• Abu Nudnik says:

August 1, 2014 at 7:12 PM

The Dow up to 17000 with $17T in debt is called repositioning. It’s not a sign of economic health.

• Abu Nudnik says:

August 1, 2014 at 7:20 PM

If anyone knows poverty and wealth creation, it’s D’Souza. The increasing gap between the wealthy and the poor is a sign of freedom and economic health where wealthy people are not punished for success and the poor live on a fixed income because they contribute no wealth to the economy. If you produce a good or service, you create wealth. If you take but don’t give, you’re arrogant to assume you should be wealthier than you are.

As for Warren Buffet wanting more tax, why has he fought the government to keep his tax money and continues to do so?

He was a first term Senator when he became the nominee. That is certainly coming out of nowhere.

David Corn needs to change his Depends. Leftists haven’t changed since I was one in 1968. Babies.

• Brenda says:

August 1, 2014 at 7:52 PM

No surprise….never heard of the people from NPR as don’t watch the garbage they spew and expect people to believe the lies. Dinesh is far and above these people in values, integrity and honor.

• Nathan Harter says:

August 1, 2014 at 8:01 PM

My complaint was that the opponents in this debate were lazy, ignoring not only the courtesies of debate (because your point of view is undeserving of courtesy?), but the rigors of debate. Interrupting is just bad manners; when the argument descended to name-calling and ridicule (“That’s the best you got?” “Why do you go there?” So what?”), it became obvious the purpose was neither to understand your point of view nor to refute it. It was more along the lines of looking at the crowd, saying “Is he serious?” — on the assumption that it’s just not possible. I suppose you were supposed to be grateful you got air time. I’m not convinced anyone’s mind was changed by this exchange.

• Beth says:

August 1, 2014 at 10:14 PM

I loved the movie, it was wonderful. I learned a lot, it made me cry. I love America.

• Cindy says:

August 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM

​Hi Dinesh,

You are a true mench/gentleman, Mr. D’Souza. The rudeness from the very beginning of this interview from Ashbrook with his intentional remarks of the possibility of jail time this fall, to this Corn guy, who bases most of his comments on calling people names and reminding everyone how he almost didn’t show up for this interview, as if he was doing the world a favor by being there, I laugh! It was an obvious struggle that Corn had work to keep up with your intelligence and knowledge, referring to his stuttering and self-admitted agitation in his voice, while you remained calm, as he was attempting to make a point but always reverted back to the name calling, as most liberals do.

I find that Ashbrook and Corn are fearful of you, not in the physical sense, but, in the sense that you are well educated, that you have manners, that you can not be intimidated by their loud voices or name calling and that you are well informed, knowledgeable and on point. Knowledge is power Mr. D’Souza and that is why they fear you so. Thumbs up to you!!!!

I had to stop listening to the interview because I thought you were going to be discussing your #1 best seller book (yay) and your movie, and sadly, you ended up trying to have a discussion with two liberal parrots which together could not come up with a question or statement that would or could challenge your knowledge and intelligence. Best regards!!!

• gene lopes says:

August 1, 2014 at 11:44 PM

These guys did not give Dinesh a chance to speak. They both resorted to bullying him from both sides with rubbish
    Cant wait for the movie to come to South Africa

• Wayne says:

August 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM

The two NPR progressives, Ashbrook and Corn who formed a tag-team, leveled conspiratorial accusations without permitting Dinesh to fully answer any given question by continuous interruption, deflection with a bit of name-calling, and mischaracterization. Their attempt to undermine Dinesh’s replies reminded me of Freud’s, “the return of the repressed” in which their anti-conservative prejudice could not remain submerged.

For example, Obama clearly espouses anti-colonial sentiments just as a majority of the black community does. The two white NPR progressives are simply ignorant of black culture and of critical race theory; that’s one reason why Obama and his family spent years in Jeremiah Wright’s church. It’s not conspiratorial to say that Obama embraces and acts upon anti-colonial views; rather to suggest otherwise is to demonstrate a shelltered white liberal detachment from a deeply held belief rich in historical dogma.

• sarah says:

August 2, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Wow! NPR showing tolerance having Dinesh on. How elitist can the left be! Oh should we gravel and say thank you for the very freedom guaranteed every other American (except the conservative), that has spoken on the airwaves.

Was this the same attitude displayed to Bill Ayers when he spewed his hate mongering? The admitted American terrorist was “tolerated”, or should we say “welcomed” on your show Mr. Corn.

The answer, an emphatic, “No.”

NPR should change its call letters. You do not warmly or equally welcome all points of views, of the PUBLIC.

It should be NLR: National Liberal Radio.

Hypocrisy at its best. You were very rude. Beyond the rudeness of Rush or O’Reilly. Lol.

Dinesh handled himself well. The consummate gentleman, knowledgeable, polite and informative. Best guest you’ve had. At least the few times I bothered tuning in.

This show was one of only 5 I’ve listened to all my adult life. That’s how intriguing NPR is…..NOT. I’m a 55 y/o female BTW.

Thx for reminding us how much more work needs to be done so all points of view will someday have equal airtime and equal opportunity.

• Grace says:

August 2, 2014 at 1:51 AM

I listened to a portion, but then turned it off. What’s the point of listening to Ashbrook and Corn barraging D’Souza with questions they didn’t intend for him to answer and twisting what he said into strawmen arguments that made them look ridiculous as well as intolerant. Enough to make it clear that the left is intellectually bankrupt as well as morally so…

• Pam says:

August 2, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Dinesh, you were great! You never lost your aplomb! You remained your warm, generous, thoughtful self, and, in contrast, their underhanded tactics were even more transparent. The host beginning every segment with the line that you were “facing jail time”, as if a sentence had already been handed down, and David Corn pretending that he didn’t want to do the debate – they were just sickening. PBS is a very corrupt organization and should not be financed by the taxpayers.

• Elaine Mann says:

August 2, 2014 at 8:37 AM

NPR needs to do some research, Dinesh knows what he is talking about, I don’t understand the lefties view b/c it has hurt our country. Obama is trying to destroy our country with the help of people like you. Your arguments held no water and just shows you and Mr Corn are seriously uniformed. Shame on your attacks on the truth!

• Jim Townsend says:

August 2, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Corn can’t debate D’Souza so he has to interrupt him and keep him from speaking. He is a typical low quality liberal that won’t acknowledge any fact that disputes his ideology. He is a text book “Useful Idiot”.

• Playrighter says:

August 2, 2014 at 12:55 PM

So Dinesh is a “controversial conservative bomb thrower” while Corn is a respected journalist. Fair trade?

Suggestion for the next time Dinesh gets invited to lunch by a pair of piranha: Simply challenge them to find anything you’ve said that is either unfair or untrue.

• Suzy says:

August 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I admire you for going on this show but also wince because the host didn’t even pretend that it was going to be a real discussion of ideas — along the lines of a Dennis Prager, for example. At the outset the host is hostile, basically saying he can’t even believe he’s having you on and then proceeds to give accolades to David Corn for coming into…. friendly territory to speak his mind! (Even reiterating this point at the end of the interview). Ridiculous. Meanwhile you’re subjected to a barrage of attacks and liberal talking points (e.g., ‘…so you’re saying there should be NO taxes’). There was even the caller who attacked you and the host went to Corn immediately to further pile on—not allowing you to respond. Shameful. But as always, you did a great job. America is a terrific movie – thanks for all you’re doing out there.

• Gary Feldman says:

August 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I would like to think that intelligent discourse should be the order of the day, but it’s impossible when dealing with the “intellectuals” on the left. When making a case they edit facts, choosing only the parts they like and not the facts in their entireity. When faced with an entire fact (or complete thought, for that matter), they scream, filabuster, smear, and behave like the little intellectual “pishers” (that’s a Jewish term, especially for all the anti-semites on the left) they truly are. They need to be defeated and scorned upon for the harm they’ve done and continue to do. It’s folks like D’Souza that make America great, and make me proud to be one.

• William C. McCoy says:

August 2, 2014 at 5:22 PM

Now I know why I don’t listen to NPR. I find it sad that my tax money is used in the production of this kind of bias and pure rubbish.

• Eric Cartman says:

August 3, 2014 at 11:37 AM

It was refreshing to hear Dinesh speak the truth. Even better hearing NPR and Corn back-peddle the entire interview. Bullies, when confronted, tend to fall flat on their faces. Tom and Corn did exactly that. Thank you Dinesh!

• j says:

August 3, 2014 at 7:43 PM

ditto Eric Cartman…….

• RS says:

August 4, 2014 at 11:28 AM

“We shame anyone who denies climate change.” – David Corn

Doesn’t that tell you everything you need to know about this debate and intellectual honesty, as far as Corn and NPR are concerned?

• Humble Servant says:

August 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Wow! Corn was all tied up in knots! Talk about flustered. I find it very telling that somehow Ashbrook had all these prepared soundbites ready to try to dispute D’Souza’s talking points…..not very objective, NPR. Definitely a cheap shot by Ashbrook to make sure to mention D’Souza’s impending legal issues at every commercial/caller break, ok, we get it, Tom. Good job Dinesh for challenging the narrative.

• michael Allen says:

August 11, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I haven’t seen this…yet.

But I will NEVER forget the evisceration that Mr. D’Souza received from the mind and mouth of Mr. Christopher Hitchens!. I truly felt sorry for D’Souza and his tired, empirically UNsupported, conservative “ideas”.

He looked like a nervous teenager as he was carved up by Hitchens.

I’m sure Mr. D’Souza is relieved that Mr. Hitchens is now gone. The debating field is no doubt more even as lesser liberal minds step forward trying to fill Mr. Hitchens large shoes.

Good Luck, Mr. D’Souza, though you’ve already received it courtesy of tobacco induced lung cancer that took the life of Mr. Hitchens!.

After Hitchens, no one can seem as difficult.