DEBATE: D'Souza Faces Off With Bill Ayers On American Exceptionalism

On Wednesday, February 3, Dinesh D’Souza went head-to-head with the radical Bill Ayers on the University of Michigan campus on the topic “What’s so exceptional about America?”

The event, sponsored by the Young America’s Foundation, drew over 500 people on campus and over 15,000 viewers live online.

Enter your email to watch the full debate immediately:

[livegate ytid=”LWxCxMy-_s0″ start=”February 3, 2016 6:00 PM EDT” end=”February 3, 2016 8:00 PM EDT” listid=”4168407″ event=”dsouzaayers16″]

Ayers is a retired liberal professor with a storied past. Jerome Corsi at WND explains:

“Ayers’s Weather Underground, which he co-founded with his wife, Bernardine Dohrn, was blamed for dozens of bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructure of the U.S.

Ayers previously called the Weather Underground ‘an American Red Army’ and said the objective was to: ‘Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home. Kill your parents.’

In his memoir, he wrote: ‘Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon. The sky was blue. The birds were singing. And the bastards were finally going to get what was coming to them.’

During one of the most engaging segments of the debate, Ayers challenged D’Souza on the American criminal justice system:

“Our political justice system is a catastrophe. It’s a catastrophe. And what was exposed in Ferguson, that the criminal just system is kind of powered…by the kind of targeting of poor people. That’s true in Ferguson, that’s true in Chicago.”

D’Souza immediately fired back:

“The inequity of our criminal justice system is on full display right on this podium right here. I gave $20,000 of my own money over the campaign finance limit. I got 8 months in overnight confinement. You bombed the Pentagon and tried to bomb all kinds of other things—how much time did you do in the slammer?”

This and many other exchanges prompted the crowd to erupt in applause. Watch for yourself:

During the audience question and answer time, a student who was appreciative of his parents’ decision to come to America and make a better life for their children asked Dinesh how conservatives can appear more pro-immigration and not allow themselves to be painted as xenophobic.

Dinesh’s response drew cheers from the crowd and scorn from his debate opponent:

Watch the full debate at the top of this post, and then subscribe to get the latest live event updates from Dinesh.

What did you think of the debate? Leave a comment to Dinesh below!

WND: D'Souza To Debate Bill Ayers In Live Webcast
AUDIO: D'Souza Reveals What Drives Popularity of Bernie Sanders
WaPo: Hillary’s Email Defense Just Hit A Major Bump In The Road
AUDIO: D'Souza Calls Out Progressive Con Artists
AUDIO: D'Souza, Sean Hannity, & Peter Schweizer Take Down Hillary
D'Souza To Spar With Skeptic Michael Shermer At FreedomFest 2016
VIDEO: D'Souza Says National Review Won't Dent Trump's Real Support
LIVE: D'Souza To Go Head-To-Head With Bill Ayers

• Maryann Levy says:

February 4, 2016 at 8:55 AM

Couldn’t find where to register to watch the debate with Ayers.

• Katheleen G. Camp says:

February 6, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Ayers didn’t even have the courtesy to dress properly and didn’t know what he was talking about. Dinesh D’Souza knows more about the U.S. than Ayers. He is dressed proper for this debate.

• Mary Lessigne says:

February 4, 2016 at 10:24 AM

Mr. D’Souza, You were Phenomenal in this Debate!!
    Ayers could Never match Your intelligence………he’s much too ignorant…

• Petra V Vidales says:

February 5, 2016 at 4:15 PM

I have to agree with Mary Lessigne; Mr. D’Souza is quite brilliant, on the other hand Ayers is not- way too ignorant

• Kim says:

February 5, 2016 at 6:55 PM

Ignorant is right. Bill: “Was it eight years or eight months?”
      Dinesh misspoke, corrected himself and since Bill had nothing better to argue, he actually pointed it out. Juvenile. And to listen to him say that Dinesh committed a “serious criminal offense” was laughable.

• Tim Wood says:

February 4, 2016 at 10:34 AM

Dinesh, what are your thoughts on the LaVoy Finicum murder in Oregon. Have you heard about it? Its not being covered by the main stream media. A brief mention on Fox News is all. Do you know the facts involved? LaVoy was a rancher, a Cowboy, and was killed because of his views and belief in the Constitution.

• charlene miller says:

February 4, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Bill & Bernadine were spoiled, irresponsible children in the 60’s & they are spoiled, irresponsible children in their 60’s. Pathetic.

• Bill Cannington says:

February 4, 2016 at 10:51 AM

Thank you for being the voice of reason. A fascinating debate that had me hanging on to every word … You are an eagle for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

• Acheick says:

February 4, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Well done, Dinesh – Mr. Ayers appeared to be talking to a second grade classroom and his comments didn’t even add up. All I got out of it was that the poor go through a revolving door in the criminal justice system which is powered by money. OK. I’ll give him a point on that, not a thing most people don’t know. But how the heck does that tie in with Ferguson? The cop was exonerated, his life was ruined by the media, thugs continue to rob stores and homes and now think it’s a good thing to kill cops. Mr. Ayers is a disgrace to this country.

• Kavan says:

February 4, 2016 at 11:21 AM

I love this guy

• Robert Fahy says:

February 4, 2016 at 11:48 AM

To have Ayres debate D’Souza is a joke. He, Ayres, makes no sense and is literally dissected by D’Souza with his ridiculously obtuse analogies and extremely weak arguments.

• Christy Moore says:

February 4, 2016 at 12:16 PM

I so wish I could express myself as well as you do- what a God given gift. Thank you for coming to America so I can learn from you. I am so saddened and ashamed by our government and the way they were able to treat you so unjustly – but know that there are many of us praying you stay strong as you are indeed our voice of reason. Thank you for all you do.

• Ruben Lopez says:

February 4, 2016 at 12:18 PM

No full debate? Check back soon?….

• Mary White says:

February 4, 2016 at 12:21 PM

Dinesh slapped Ayers all around without ever laying a hand on him. Bravo!

• Darlene Olive says:

February 4, 2016 at 12:39 PM

Great job! You have a wonderful ability to share truth and light in an easy to understand format. God bossa you!

• James Ray says:

February 4, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Dinesh D’Souza you showed a lot of restraint, I would have been overwhelmed with the urge to kick Ayers all over the stage! In my opinion you destroyed Ayers on every issue! Congratulations and continued success to you!

• Judy Menagh says:

February 4, 2016 at 1:39 PM

I signed up to view the debate but could not and still can not get it. The message on the screen continues to say check back soon to view.

• karl anglin says:

February 4, 2016 at 1:40 PM

Thank you so much Dinesh!!!!!!!!!!!

• Tim Simmons says:

February 4, 2016 at 2:41 PM

I could listen and read your comments all day but…I’m soooo discouraged because I feel it doesn’t matter any more!!! Allied with the left-leaning mainstream media, this government answers to no one!!!
    The Iran deal, ’email-gate’, immigration, etc., are terrible for our country on so many levels but are morally wrong!
    If Hilary Clinton becomes POTUS, we will never recover!!! Am I wrong?!

• william abercrombie says:

February 4, 2016 at 2:48 PM

We have a country in a seven year transition and the majority believe that it’s not for the betterment of our country. Our values have been challenged, the constitution has been challenged. Political correctness is in, but not by the majority, but by the few and the few have managed to make a mockery of our judicial system. It would seem that the liberals have won over our judicial system and the few voices are heard and the many voices ignored.

• Jobe Olson says:

February 4, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Yes! D’Souza makes a hard case about our justice system. The punishment needs to fit the crime. Our government is turning courts into revenue collecting services while favoring those they like

• Ladonna Freivolt says:

February 4, 2016 at 4:11 PM

I believe you are one of the most intelligent people I have ever heard. I so wish you would run for office. Your movies and books are exceptional.

• Aaron says:

February 4, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Thank you Dinesh! I can see the lunacy that you had to deal with here.. Ayers is not a righteous man, and frankly, a fraud and a fake.

Good job sir.

• leslie fox says:

February 4, 2016 at 5:35 PM

Looking forward to the debate.

• Dona Troyer says:

February 4, 2016 at 6:04 PM

I Like Dinesh D’Sousa and what he stands for. The debate was very educational and those involved did a very good job getting the message out to limit government in our lives and let the people make their own decisions. The ladder is a very good illustration.

• Rebecca Crisp says:

February 4, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Brilliant answer!!! As always!!!

• Angie says:

February 4, 2016 at 8:15 PM

Mr. D’Souza, you are a beacon of Light. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and wisdom.
    You are coming to speak at Gonzaga University here in Spokane, WA at the end of February, but unfortunately the University is refusing to allow the public to attend. I find this outrageous. The PR dept for the university has come out today and stated it is not meant to be a ‘political rally or debate’, and that is why they will not allow it. I find that ridiculous and an insufficient reason to block the public from hearing you speak. I wonder if there is anything you can do to help get this open to all who wish to attend? Thank you for your time.

• Philip N. Beam Sr. says:

February 4, 2016 at 8:32 PM

Will you one day run for President?

• Sherri says:

February 4, 2016 at 8:40 PM

Great job Dinesh! Impressive as always.

• Jack Mark Hughes says:

February 4, 2016 at 9:10 PM

I find it very deceiving when you advertise that I can see the full debate by giving my name and email address to you. Then when I do you say to come back later and check on it. Is your effort to obtain email addresses working so poorly that you have to depend upon deception? At least tell us in advance that we’ll have to return to this web site to view it unless you are going to send us a link? And if you are, then tell us that in advance. I would think being upfront and completely honest would be a trademark of yours, no?

• Abby says:

February 5, 2016 at 4:47 PM

I didn’t have that experience at all. Got instant access as soon as I submitted name and address. Maybe the site was having technical difficulties (??)

• Donna Worley says:

February 6, 2016 at 7:56 AM

Dear Mr. Hughes: I am appalled at what you just said. I have known of Dinesh for quite a while (and met him in person more than once) and never known him to say or do anything he hasn’t backed up with action. He is honest and truthful. After reading your comment, I followed the protocol and entered a second email address that I have, just to see what would happen. There were several pictures on the page it took me to and the second photo had an arrow in the middle of it, which normally indicates it will show you live video if you click on it. I clicked and there the full video of the debate. So either you are the one who needs more education about how the internet works, you falsely accused Dinesh without having proof of your words by waiting and trying it at a later time. You sir, need to stop making accusations before you are certain you can back up your own words; it shows your own ignorance for the world to see. There was NO deceit on Mr. D’Sousa’s behalf. And by the way, did you notice that he did not ask you, or anyone else, for a contribution? That is very unlike anyone else I know who is doing the type of work he is doing (our ministers, political pacs and organizations, etc.) He is simply trying to get a truth and honest message out to Americans, who badly need it, to inspire us to take voting seriously and to become politically active before we lose our country to socialists. He earns every penny of any money that comes to him from the public. Thank God for Dinesh D’Sousa. We need a million more like him.

• Laurie Jones says:

February 4, 2016 at 9:12 PM

I enjoyed both your movies Obama and America and own them both on dvd and share them with anyone and everyone I can convince they need to see them. The striking thing about you for me is the fact that to know the true glory of America and have it shouted from the rooftops or at least the theater screens it came from not an American by birth but someone who came to this country for college and discovered and now shares our glory that we the people fortunate enough to be born here seem to forget. You have made me proud to be an American again and determined to continue to vote and push to make sure that the people who represent me in government also believe this is the greatest country on earth. I look forward to the next election and pray that we can survive the final year of Obama’s destruction. Choosing the next president is going to be so important for making sure we stop this decline and reignite the American dream for all the world to see and know America is back and stronger than ever. Thank you for all your work in the remaking of the American Spirit.

• Arla Eysser says:

February 4, 2016 at 10:06 PM

I love your movies and your patriotism. You are my idol. I am so sorry that you had to be locked up for 8 months. It is absolutely true that the liberals/progressives are evil and/or insane. Please keep up the good work we (the silent majority) are behind you cheering you on.

Keep up the good work.

• Jane Carpenter says:

February 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM

So glad to have your voice amongst the chaos. Appreciate every word you write, speak, believe! Keep the faith and fight the good fight. There is an army with you, even if they are unseen.
    Love you

• david larry says:

February 4, 2016 at 11:12 PM

You are the man! Keep up the good work and exposing these liberal scumbags!!

• PittsburghGal says:

February 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM

Dinesh- thank you for all of your hard-fought efforts to expose the issues in America. Excellent clips, I admire you for tolerating Bill Ayers…I could not…

• Jorge Cosme says:

February 5, 2016 at 1:15 AM

Hi Dinesh, I really enjoy your books and movies. We Are a better country with you here. BTW, I met you once at an outlet mall outside of Phoenix AZ about ten years ago where we were both watching our kids at the playground while waiting for our wives to finish shopping.

Best Regards,

Jorge Cosme

• Fran lambert says:

February 5, 2016 at 6:47 AM

Keep up the good work

• Nancy Campbell says:

February 5, 2016 at 6:52 AM

Dear Mr. D’Souza

I would like to Thank You for everything that you have done and are doing to educate America . i also ask The Lord Jesus to love ,keep and protect you. What a blessing you are to us.
    Welcome to America. We need American’s LIKE YOU.
    Thank You Heavenly Father Lord God Jehovah, Jesus Christ , My Lamb
    Sincerely,
    Nancy

• Michael Slewitzke says:

February 5, 2016 at 6:57 AM

ok Dinesh you got my email address, where is the debate? All I got was a check back later message??

• Chad says:

February 5, 2016 at 8:34 AM

I entered my name and email to “watch instantly” then it says check back later. Not pleased.

• Unicon says:

February 5, 2016 at 9:10 AM

Appreciate your book “Stealing America” – also appreciate the clarity and the work to get a conceptual lock on answering progressive objections and gibberish! Your preparedness is courageous and remarkable, had to outline your book. Never thought the democrat/progressives didn’t understand and sorry it took you 8 months to figure it out getting street wise. Having previously read all the great authors and being an entrepreneur one could put together logic to explain the situation, but your detailed polish is remarkable. The head start I had was reading and outlining all of M. Scott Peck’s books and having dealt with evil and its definitions. Peck’s first book “The Road Less Traveled” was really about “Good” and his second book “People of the Lie” is about “Evil.” The shamelessness was always the quandary for me in that the cons are so blatant.

One of your greatest concepts is that the Constitution is an “Anti-Theft” Document and the priority of thievery in the whole M/O of those shameless people. Can’t call them all evil because of the willful ignorance involved. Also your example of meeting a bum on a bridge and offering him a sandwich contrasted with Obama coming in on a white horse and taking half giving it to the bum stripping out the morality and multiplying the chaos and destructive results is simple genius. Calling it unintended consequences would be charitable but woefully shortsighted. Do we call this evil or is that for God to judge.

An entrepreneur would eject this immediately from their life as costly and destructive. However the new lawlessness does not allow one to eject or remove the problem, it restricts freedom directly and indirectly.

Your friction in prison is production, they are one and the same. Turning the problem into wealth is what the entrepreneur does all the time. We also run up against pure evil if we are good because it is necessary to learn what you learned through the fight -a “Truth War”

• Rebecca Lindsey says:

February 5, 2016 at 11:30 AM

Thank you so much Mr. D’Souza!! You are so right on both the government and the school situation. You have expressed exactly what we need!!!

• Steve says:

February 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM

How can we watch on demand? Signed up, confirmed, still no link!

• Dexter Warrington says:

February 5, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Dinesh is always clear headed, rational, articulate, reasonable, and I think compassionate. I enjoy every one of his presentations. I have never heard him make hateful statements like “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home. Kill your parents.” He leaves such declarations to the anarchists !

• James Tobin says:

February 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM

The segments were great (I’m hoping to be able to see the WHOLE presentation??).
    It’s funny/sad how people don’t understand “dress appropriate”. I don’t really enjoy wearing a suit, I’m a more “casual” dresser. Often (because I work out of my home) I look like Ayers SANS the “Black Lives Matter” t-shirt. God gave LIFE therefore ALL lives matter!
    To the point. Public speakers/presenters DO NOT dress for themselves, they dress for their audiences and constituents OUT OF RESPECT. HOW they dress shows HOW MUCH RESPECT they have for their audience. Mr. D’Souza is dressed RESPECTFULLY, Mr. Ayers is not. Based on his appearance, Mr Ayers does not respect the organization that hosted the event; the moderator; Mr. D’Souza or the audience…but then what would you expect…?

• Monica says:

February 5, 2016 at 12:46 PM

The full debate is not at the top of the post. I’ve been trying for 3 days!

• Erik says:

February 5, 2016 at 12:55 PM

When will the full debate be posted? Always says check back soon to watch.

• Austin Johnson IV says:

February 5, 2016 at 1:01 PM

I missed the debate, I just saw the part regarding our justice system. Y ou are well prepared complete with facts that shuts down Bill’s face the crowd loves you even though there are liberals in the audience that was against our ideas. As an Asian immigrant your are our model to stand for your right to defend our constitution at all costs. I thank you for that .

• Esther Kirwan says:

February 5, 2016 at 1:34 PM

Ahhh to have more like you in this country ! Thank you for what you do, and how you make such sense public ! you have a way of saying what so many Americans think and feel….don’t stop !! you have a lot of fans out here !!

• Austin Johnson IV says:

February 5, 2016 at 1:50 PM

The beauty of your rebuttal is with an example, people tend to digest better with facts they know, historical facts and lastly an example. This reasoning has a fluid result cause you define the action of a conservative compared to a liberal. I do believe that the ladder type have more incentive because you strive to reach the top. While the the rope, is an illusion which more people specifically the black and Spanish tend to believe that some day those politicians will help and protect them. Think about what Charles Barkley said I quote ” for 50 years the democrats try to convince us how good their party for the poor is compared to the conservative, yet most blacks never succeed in life. A few of The poor adhere to the principle of the conservative as an example is you , Mr. Dinesh Dsouza and other prominent Citizen like with a proven outcome. I love you as a friend stay that way don’t go politics be a historian like Gingrich.

• Chuck Salerno says:

February 5, 2016 at 1:53 PM

I.can’t believe how you control yourself so well in the presence of such an evil disgusting person such as Ayers…

• Virginia Llorca says:

February 5, 2016 at 2:29 PM

I am a native Chicagoan and a contemporary of Bill Ayers. I went to Loyola. My close friend later worked in the “social justice” system with Bernadine Dohrn. I don’t know what it is about this guy. He never answers a question concretely. He jumps on Dinesh and automatically tries to twist his words. “So, you are saying. . .” He is just a snake. I don’t know if I ever had a personal brush-up with him, but I know he is a snake. Maybe that is ad hominem arguing, cuz I am not prepared to show you why he is a snake, but he is. Dinesh just says real words. He is so upfront.

• Abby says:

February 5, 2016 at 4:50 PM

Excellent job Mr.D’Souza. This IS “must see tv” – everyone should watch it! It should be required viewing for high school civics class.

• barb says:

February 5, 2016 at 7:32 PM

Thank you Dinesh for being so clear and real with your words. I admire you and the truth you speak, not trying mince words to confuse and twist truth. It is so basic! Keep up your great work.

• Nathaly says:

February 6, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Oh my gosh finally a politician with a brain!! D’Souza can you please run for president!!! thank you for being clear and honest about all these topics and nt sugar coating anythin! God bless you always! Tell me what I can do to help support others like you to advance your cause?

• Pudenda Shenanigans says:

February 8, 2016 at 6:08 PM

D’Souza was born in Mumbai, India of Indian parents. He is not able to run for President.

• Gayle Gdovin says:

February 12, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Great debate. Ayers will never explain why he is not in jail!!!!!

• Mal Telloian says:

February 5, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Dinesh, from now on, when you are going to debate someone, be sure your opponent is well armed!

;o)

• jenny jones says:

February 5, 2016 at 8:28 PM

Wonderful presentation. I have to say there were a few points I actually agreed with Ayers on such as a mutual dislike of common core. But he does appear to live in a utopian Ayers made world. Had he tried to bomb a government entity in another country, particularly third world, he’d be dead by now. He has no idea how wonderful this country is. He and those like him have poisoned our young. It was gratifying to see so many young in the audience that are trying to figure it out and wanting to learn truth and substance over pure fantasy. So 80% the rich should pay. Wonder how much he makes and how much he’s paid in taxes over these years. Probably a cursory look into his finances would reveal he’s got his money in off shore accounts and has paid little to none because these people only believe in wealth redistribution for others. I would love to see his tax returns and see how little he’s paid and just how much in charity he’s given compared to those “wealthy” he so dispises. Yes folks like him have fund raisers at $20,000/plate for ilk like Obama. Without the rich these people would be nothing. And then to sing the same old song about “you didn’t build that” crap. Henry Ford innovated and built his car way before roads were built..the Wright Brothers didn’t have O’Hare Int’l to help them out when they took a running start in Kitty Hawk……gotta stop, my head hurts!!!

• Michelle Gomez says:

February 7, 2016 at 12:13 PM

He tries to bomb the government, but for what? A much bigger government. What an idiot.

• David C says:

February 29, 2016 at 9:31 PM

How stoned was Ayers? Did he think he stood a chance against Dinesh? He couldn’t even understand what Dinesh was saying. Dinesh tried to dumb it down for him and he still didn’t understand. Why does the right try to save the left from themselves? That’s right because we are paying for all of their failures.

• Alan says:

February 5, 2016 at 8:41 PM

What I find so disconcerting about progressives like Bill Ayers: Why do they continue to judge history from the context of the relatively new progressive movement? If Bill was a delegate during the creation of the country he, well, would not be on the delegation. He would most likely be tarred and feathered. The founding fathers put a foundation in place, they were not in a position to build a skyscraper.

It took thousands of years of brilliant thinking and much blood, tears, trial and error to create the constitution for a Democratic Republic. Eliminating slavery and given women the right to vote was the right thing to do, however it came later, built on this foundation, that America did it right. I think that is commendable especially so since many countries still haven’t implemented either.

My other point is Bill disconnects politics from public unions, specifically teachers in this debate. Public unions contribute a vote that gives teacher and Government employees preference; plain and simple. In the case of public education it should be handled by the states, that alone would put pressure to compete. No state would want to be in the bottom quartile of the educational success. The great successful entrepreneurs of today were taught in state run schools; then we broke it and gave it to big Government.

• Grover Pillsbury says:

February 5, 2016 at 10:19 PM

Bill Ayers is nothing but an unrepentant terrorist who is guilty of murder! He should have been, at least, incarcerated for life, or at best, received the death penalty for taking another person’s life. During the debate, all we heard from him was the same old Dem/Progressive talking points. He referred to the American people, several times, as “the collective”.
    In other words, Communism. Your positions were dramatically different: You are the Constitutionist, he is the Communist. When he spoke of the Constitution at all, it was in a disparaging tone. He tried to portray himself as neither Dem nor GOP, but he was merely dealing with any embarrassment by the lying Progressive playbook.
    Thank you, Dinesh, for defending your adoptive country so well.

• Michelle Gomez says:

February 7, 2016 at 12:10 PM

It’s funny, have you ever seen “collective art,” where everyone tries to make the thing they are trying to paint? It is terrible! True artists are conservative and Republican, Monet, Victor Hugo, Van Gogh, ee Cummings….they all knew greatness came from within oneself, not gathered and given from “out there.” The true battle and conquest lies within oneself, not with each other.

• Keith Stone says:

February 6, 2016 at 12:57 AM

I will speak to a small speaking point on the subject of the NGD. Bill said the rich should take greater part in paying for example the Chicago bills basicly. I say If the tax code wasnt so hard on corporations and globalism wasnt their ideology maybe an American work force could get a job and pay for the crumbling infrustructure like in Flint Michigan. There needs to be some way to function in the world market that also not follow but lead by example. Why do Companies have off shore banking. Or is that the reason the government hits Buisnesses so hard on taxes or EPA costs? I know G.E. pays near nothing and there are other Government darlings out there. Kathy Giffirt seemed to repent, but didnt on the subject of child sweat shop labor overseas .Greed. I believe Dinesh you are right on about America being a great influence but I think we havent near reached our potential. There is a way to balance this wonderful opportunity we have but we need to get it right soon.

• BCS BUG says:

February 6, 2016 at 9:30 AM

We loved your two movies and would encourage everyone to see them. You were masterful with Ayers!

• Deborah says:

February 6, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to watch your debate. Very difficult to listen to Mr. Ayers.

• Michelle Gomez says:

February 7, 2016 at 12:08 PM

I agree, Ayers is a whiner! Liberals are good at complaining, Conservatives are good at leading. Let’s all just call it as it is, and let the world get back to “normal.” When leaders complain, like Obama, they’ve stopped leading.

• Dan says:

February 6, 2016 at 11:35 AM

I was a big fan of yours, Mr. D’Souza. That is until 1) you took my contact info in exchange for providing “immediate access” to your video, but after taking my info all I received was “check back later”, and 2) You deleted my first comment describing the problem I had. Are you that bothered by free speech, that you feel the need to delete polite comments from people who have respected you for years?

• Jack says:

February 6, 2016 at 12:26 PM

TOUCHE D’Souza.

• Steve Nieto says:

February 6, 2016 at 4:21 PM

Enjoyed your debate with Ayers, I personally would hate to debate with a person like Ayers due to the fact of his thought processes. It consist of to much psycho babel. Dinesh you have a great ability to dig deep into where someone is coming from and attack where the weakest foundation exist.

• Barbara Clippinger says:

February 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM

I admire Mr. D’Souza immensely but I’m confused and disappointed that he never recognized America as a constitutional Republic rather than a democracy.

• Gerry says:

February 7, 2016 at 12:03 AM

Why didn’t you ask if Ayres’ kids went to public schools? I sure would like to know that answer. Can you find out and post, please? He sounded mighty proud of his lawyer son. Wonder where he went to school??

• d young says:

February 7, 2016 at 2:45 AM

Stay the course…you have been tested and found to be of great courage and conviction!

• Michelle Gomez says:

February 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM

White Liberal Privilege is standing on the stage – Ayers, who inherited his wealth from his hard working, capitalist father, is a product of White Liberal Privilege. He’s never had to think or innovate to earn his keep here on earth. He is the mutant product of the evolution of human being. His terrorism act resulted in at least a death, and families are forever effected. Why isn’t he in Guantanamo? Because of White Liberal Privilege. Only minorities are stationed there. Why is he so hostile to you, is he a racist? White Liberals are allowed to be racists and diminish other races. I think Liberal Whites are the most racist, because they believe they have all the answers, and all the “minorities” are too stupid to lead themselves and their own families. Of course, the White Liberal Privilege are always positioned as minority “leaders” with their answers and handing out Other People’s Money (OPM). The moment a minority, like you, stands up and thinks for himself, that’s when they are threatened. Until Ayers is in Guantanamo, White Liberal Privilege exists – it’s not “White Privilege,” it’s White Liberals that must be addressed and abolished.

• Mike Latham says:

February 7, 2016 at 12:14 PM

PAUL-D’SOUZA in 2020! If we still have a country, of course. No sense in planning a dance if you’ve been called to defuse bombs first. Btw….,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bill Ayers is a sorry excuse for a human being.

• Bill says:

February 7, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Jenny Jones is right on – sure would be interesting to find out the following info about Ayers Criminal activity: How does D’Souza’ $20000 “crime” compare with the property damage and deaths(?) that Ayers crimes tallied? She has a great point also abut his own wealth – not just in how he was initially funded (by wealthy parents ?) how his son paid for his Law degree – how much he makes in his now tenured position – Tenured is another word for job security – and how much taxes he pays? -How many “Foundations” or “Trust funds” does he use to minimize his “share of Taxes”?
    Shouldn’t be difficult to get the answers to these questions and they would surely add to the contrast in Ayers mouth and his actions!
    Great job Dinesh! – May the Lord protect you and continue to grant His Wisdom and Discernment as you move forward!
    PS – as I understand it – you have “Confessed” your crime – but Ayers has NEVER repented of his – in fact is still “Proud” of it! … that point you missed the opportunity to respond to when he made his retort!

• Mary Kenny says:

February 7, 2016 at 8:36 PM

Dear Dinesh,
    I enjoyed you making mincemeat of Bill Ayers in the debate.
    I am from Chicago and it has irked me that Bill Ayers could spread his vile two faced corruption from his bully-pulpit at
    University of Chicago. His close alliance with Obama was covered up by the media. They are Alinski advocates, spewing their philosophy to air-head liberalites while parading as educators.
    Please ,may we have more defenders of freedom like you, no matter color, gender identity, country migrated from ,
    religion or non-religion.
    Thanks for all your work, keep it up.
    An old Patriot,
    Mary Kenny

• Jenny Hawkins says:

February 7, 2016 at 9:06 PM

OMG! Dinesh if I wasn’t an old married lady I’d say I was in love! LOL!! You’re great!

• Jeff Noncent says:

February 8, 2016 at 11:54 AM

Bill Ayers need to go to jail, and he need to listen to himself all the time I believe that Bill Ayers need someone to teach him what 1+1=2, listening to him make me want to vomit really, it’s sad to see someone that has a potential turn into a stupid, idiotic, moron man

• Don Mackenzie says:

February 11, 2016 at 7:01 PM

I love listening to your debates and your reasoning. I wish more people would listen to you!

• Rafael says:

February 11, 2016 at 9:21 PM

Well done!

• Caroline says:

February 13, 2016 at 2:46 AM

Dinesh, I thoroughly enjoyed the debate. Your analogy on the two kinds of immigrants were brilliant. I too am a legal citizen (but from the Middle East) and have clearly observed the US through different eyes. I too chose the ladder (and have succeeded) versus the rope option of wanting others to pull me up. Even one step further–I have chosen to be self-employed, to further prevent a rope drop. I do believe the ladder/rope choice is one big indicator of who will succeed in life and who won’t (immigrants and non-immigrants alike). I can’t see how being dependent on someone or something can ever yield you continued long-term success in any capacity, which is why I don’t understand the liberals’ view on most issues.

As far as the education issue, it does not require even $10,000 to educate a child. The figures the government (and private schools) use to “educate” our children are completely ridiculous. Families around the nation and world properly homeschool their own children for only a few hundred dollars per year per child, and their test scores and successes in life are repeatedly showing to surpass traditionally educated children. With the rise of internet, free online options, and free resources, it’s actually even cheaper and easier to homeschool nowadays than ever before…and most are absolutely free. In addition, every (unbiased) research study shows the biggest indicator of a child’s success is directly linked to the level of parental involvement–more than everything else combined, including the kind of school, class size, socio-economic status of family, make up of school, marital status of the parents, etc. That explains why the homeschooled child usually does well/better. That also explains why you often see children of involved parents from low-income areas (and even homeless shelters) do well, and sometimes get accepted into Harvard–they had a parent who cared and was involved, even in a homeless shelter. That also explains why not all kids who go to “good schools” do well. A rich kid going to a good school but with negligent, uncaring parents will most likely do worse than a poor kid who attends a “bad school”, but has an involved parent who reads to them, instills discipline and good study habits, and has high expectations for that child. You never see this addressed in any of the education debates. Instead, it’s always about the teachers or the school budget. Why isn’t anyone holding parents responsible? It’s absolutely free and will cost taxpayers nothing. There’s a reason that children of certain cultures (yours and mine) do well academically regardless of the schools they attend–parental involvement and high expectations. When the black communities complain about the bad schools, why aren’t the low parent-teacher conference attendance rates ever discussed? Or the truancy rates? If we are going to have the education debate, we need to start looking at this and start requiring parental involvement and accountability. It’s the natural starting point, rather than budgets. Throwing money into a system without changing anything doesn’t improve the system. We need to start by making parents accountable and more involved.

• Mike says:

February 24, 2016 at 1:06 AM

Ayers is always on the wrong track, trying to blow up buildings and now supporting an anti-cop – anti-white gang like BLM…smh